Esteemed Contributor

QVC: Shut down the boards until your sodtware folks can get this right.

I knew it, I knew it, I knew it.  Too many years experience in Silicon Valley by my VP husband always complaining about the software folks.  It got to the point where he asked to see their code and algorhythms and actually met with their boss to institute changes.  THAT'S  how bad the ego of software designers are.  They always think they're right, but are wrong most of the time.  I could write a tome about a software company in Redwood City, a mega-mega company, that writes junk programs, for billions of dollars, but I digress.

On the other hand, maybe this was meant to be a summer project for software interns at the Q.  If so,  BAAAAAAAD, mistake.

This is so wrong on every level, I don't know where to begin.

Valued Contributor

Re: QVC: Shut down the boards until your sodtware folks can get this right.

No, I don't want to see these boards shut down. I agree it is a mess, but it's better than nothing. I am patiently trying my best to navigate, & I do think in time there will be improvement.
Super Contributor

[ Edited ]
  1. I've been here for 5 minutes and already have a headache. Not to mention I've lost over 3,000 posts....not a happy camper. BTW the Falling Apart thread is still there but all of my posts from it are gone 
Esteemed Contributor

Lobstergal,

I worked on "Falling Apart" yesterday afternoon, cutting and pasting into Word documents.  There were 123 pages.  Was able to cop all but maybe 20 toward the end, though I did copy the last 2 pages.  Didn't want to miss those.

I need to go into all of the save pages and clean them up.  If you'd like a cop when I'm done, I can forward them to you: there are 17 pages of 25 posts each page.  Let me know.

((((((HUGS))))))

Rebecca

Honored Contributor

I don't think they're a mess. I like that I can change the font size in my preferences and that I can upload a picture without having to use a third party. 

I'm upset that they seemed to have used an earlier image for the migration and missed a lot of the current posts or buried them. I don't really like the new Emoticon images and think they're pretty ugly. I'm mad that we no longer have an Ignore feature that I can use to tune out CAVE people (Citizens Against Virtually Everything), but in generally I'm fine with the changes and find some advantages to the new system that outweigh the old.

keep-calm-and-adapt-or-perish-2.png

Honored Contributor

I vented on another thread about how poor this is.

Having people on the forum educate each other about how to use the new forum is incredible.  I used to do this for a living so I know exactly where you and your husband are coming from.  Software engineers can be the worst if you don't set strict standards for them and don't let them "own" their code.  The fact that they have had to bring the forums down at least three times this morning speaks volumes.

For a multi-billion dollar, customer facing company QVC should be completely ashamed of themselves.

Thank you for posting this!

Occasional Contributor

Chynna blue!  I love your accronym-CAVE people!!!!  May I use it?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

QVC did not explain how it would look, what would be lost, what would be renamed, what would be different (location of editing option, etc.) what browsers would be needed for an "optimum" experience, and so much more.

I read the "Oh, my gosh, QVC is bringing you exciting new changes and aren't you all just going to be tickled pink" messages they gave us, but no useful information was included.

At the very least, since the changes are so great, they could have included a tutorial or a chart or something.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Trusted Contributor

Every time the forums change, people get all up in arms about it. Give it some time; we will figure it out, and very possibly QVC will make some changes!

I don't understand why some are upset about losing their post count. Is it a contest??
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]
@mrsbear wrote:

Chynna blue!  I love your accronym-CAVE people!!!!  May I use it?

You may, because I got it from someone else and it's not trademarked by any of us. Smiley Happy