Contributor

QVC Sent the Wrong Item---And I Get The Inconvenience!!!

So, I finally get my order today, or so I think....it seems much, much heavier than what I ordered. I open it, and discover instead of a pot, I received a set of ceramic cookware, egg poacher, etc. I did not order this, so I immediately call customer service, thinking I am going to simply have them assist me and go on with my day. 

NOPE. 

The customer service rep tells me that A. I need to put the item back in the mail immediately (no doubt incurring a charge that I did not cause to happen, shipping-wise) and *only* AFTER they get the item a million years later will they ship the original item THEY OWE ME...IF it is in stock...IF. Which it might not be since certain sales are taking things out of stock. I am so angry. I let her know it. SO mad. 

I ordered a clearance item and received an item that not only is not the same color, Idk how it even got mixed up...they are nothing alike. 

She then tells me it is their policy to make the customer wait (even if it is QVC's mistake!!)

Never in my life have I had to put up such a fight to get satisfaction. Pottery Barn once sent me a box of dishes with a few broken, and an item I did not order. I am not dishonest, so I told them about the additional item. 

Guess what...PB apologized to me for the extra item, inconvenience, PAID immediately to ship it back, and sent me a WHOLE BOX of free dishes, not just replacements for the broken ones. NO QUESTIONS ASKED. NO RETURNING ITEMS broken. 

-I have spent untold thousands of dollars on QVC since I started shopping here in the early 2000's and I cannot believe the stress and upset and bad treatment of a customer. The CS rep finally agreed to ship the ORIGINAL ORDER I ORDERED and I won't have to wait for the mistake to be received by their returns people. 

QVC is treading some skeevy ground here. You never punish the customer and make them wait for what they actually ordered when YOU made the mistake. 

Sorry if I seem angry, guys, but this made me so angry. 

I just wanted what I ordered. And btw, they lost my wreath order in July, and sent me a replacement without an argument. I want THAT kind of customer service, not the argument I had to put up with today. QVC is supposed to = Quality, Value, Convenience---today was NOT convenient. Smiley Mad

Thanks. 

Honored Contributor

Re: QVC Sent the Wrong Item---And I Get The Inconvenience!!!

@perfectstain 

What a very unique name. Hope everything works out well. Best of luck! 

Honored Contributor

If I were you I would call customer service and tell them that you're reordering what you want and returning the mistake.  Tell them to make a note to adjust the price and not charge you for return shipping or the incorrect item.

Contributor

Thank you, Sweet Serenity. 

I am hoping this kind of mistake never happens again, but I might expect too much since it has been happening more and more. 

Super Contributor

Sorry this happened to you.  It happened to me today as well, but I only received someone else's shoes.  I just prepped the box for mailing on Monday - I knew better than to contact customer service.  

QVC Customer Care

@perfectstain

I am so sorry for all the inconvenience this has caused you. If you would please send me an email to QVCSocialTeam@qvc.com with the order number in question, I will send the correct item out as quickly as possible and make sure there is no cost to you as this is our error.

Beth QVC

Esteemed Contributor

@perfectstainYIKES!!

At least you got yours fixed. I had an order shipped and returned on the same day. I didn’t know about it until I checked to see where it was and I saw that it had been returned and refunded. It was sold out, so there was no chance I was ever going to get it.

I’m sure the whole thing was a major PITA for you, but your stress level is up to you. YOU decide how you react to things. 

Keepin' it real.
Contributor

Beth-QVC, thanks for your response. 

They finally gave in an decided to ship me the original order. 

I am returning the mistaken item on Monday. 

QVC Customer Care

@perfectstain

It looks like customer service arranged for a USPS pick up as well....I believe that should be Monday.  Please let me know if you need anything further!

Beth QVC

Super Contributor

I'm so sorry this happened to you. I hope it can be taken care of.

I agree that this seems to be happening more often latey. I bought 4 items. 3 were on gold day and then I ordered a Barbara Bixby key pendant a day later.

I recieved 1 of my gold day items last Tueday. Today I got 2 packages. One had the key pendant in it. The other package had 2 boxes. I opened the first box and it was the Judith Ripka necklace I ordered on gold day. I look at the other box and see that it's another Bixby box. That was strange because I only ordered one of her pieces and had already opened it. So I open this second Bixby box thinking maybe they made a mistake and put my diamond Ripka earrings in it. No! It was an empty box. I look at the order sheet and it shows the ripka necklace and earrings. But there aren't any earrings.

I'm not sure how to even handle this. I can send pictues showing I have 2 Bixby boxes when this is the only piece of hers I've ever bought so I wouldn't even have any of her boxes.

I had a problem a couple of weeks ago with an item I bought from HSN. The package arrived with the top ripped open. Someone had taped it back up. The box was crushed and the necklace was not in the box or the package so I'm thinking maybe one of the workers pulled to hard on the package and ripped it open and with the box being crushed and open the necklace fell out. I send HSN an email to tell them what happened, that we had pictures and that I didn't even want to order another necklace. No problems at all with them. So, I'm hoping I'll have no problems with QVC. The earrings were $300 so I'm concerned they won't believe me even though I have 2 Bixby boxes.

I feel bad for any of you that's been through this. We order something, we'e excited to get it, or we need the item, and our order gets messed up.