Frequent Contributor

This must be the new Memo to all Hosts because in the space of 5 min this AM I heard " put in your cart & don't forget to check out".  

Respected Contributor

Revealed before, QVC counts sales made DURING a host's show differently.

Trusted Contributor

Re: QVC'S Memo to all Hosts

[ Edited ]

@gaga I do believe the hosts are directed towards a certain "sales pitch" at their monthly meetings (or however often they have them) However, I feel like I hear that from every host on each of their shifts. They have pushed this for months, perhaps the last year, ever since they stopped holding your item for the hour it is idle in your cart. They evidently no longer do that so you really do need to check out to avoid losing the item to another customer. 

As I have posted many times, the hosts get credit for all sales during their presentations. They really want you to buy while they are on air. For this reason, I will never order, even online for items they are not presenting, if a host I can't watch is on. 

Super Contributor

Yep. It's the buzz statement currently.  They've done this through the years with phrases and mannerisms. A couple years ago they were all making this gasping noise which I suppose was to convey just how "excited" they were about a produc t A few still do it.

Cringe. 

Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

Right don't forget to check out of your order but WAIT 3 wks for it to come in after you do.  Then wait  forever  for a refund if you have to send it back.  Wish they woud get their act together.  It's frustrating!!!  Can't watch QVC live anymore but I do ck. online for past offers or I have to mute the live shows because of  all the silliness especialy with IM lately.   

Respected Contributor

@gaga wrote:

Right - don't forget to check out of your order but WAIT 3 wks for it to come in after you do.  Then wait  forever  for a refund if you have to send it back.  Wish they would get their act together.  It's frustrating!!!  Can't watch QVC live anymore but I do ck. online for past offers or I have to mute the live shows because of  all the silliness especialy with IM lately.   

@gaga   I agree with you! . .  .

My experience has been to wait weeks to receive my order only to discover that the wrong color, size, etcetera. was sent to me =  

NO MORE ordering for me.

Respected Contributor

They're salespeople. Part of the job. Who cares?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

69.57% is the average cart abandonment rate across all e-commerce.

✅This figure is the reason why QVC is pushing so hard for people to check out. 

The rate is even higher for fashion and jewelry and for cart abandonment in the U.S.

Honored Contributor

Not with QVC,  but on most other sites, I fill my cart then abandon my cart on purpose.

More often than not, I get an e-mail telling me to check out and usually an offer of free shipping.

I did this this week with GARNET HILL.  I wanted some linen sheets and the shipping was over $18.  I ordered them after the free shipping e-mail.  No way will I pay shipping costs if I don't have to.

Many retailers do this.

Honored Contributor

@gaga   Millions of us have never had to wait 3+ weeks for delivery.  I always check the EDD before I actually purchase; for my purchases, those EDD's have been virtually 100% accurate.