Honored Contributor

Re: QVC'S CHRISTMAS SELECTION---PRETTY BLEAK!!!

[ Edited ]

@Shanus wrote:

@Spurt   Is 6 easy pays a Black Friday Weekend to you? Most items still have shipping. Those few fashion days offered free ship and 6 easy pays. That was a better deal. Still not a true Black Friday slash prices. What gives?

@Shanus 

If the Black Friday "slashed prices" are anything like some of their "sales prices" people will be saving a WHOMPING $3..... Woman LOL

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

It's not just Christmas and it's not just QVC and its affiliates.  So much of everything everywhere seems to be so similar to what I have already that I'm finding it easy not to shop.  

I know I'll never return to shopping as much as I did 4 or 5 years ago, but sometimes I actually wonder if I'll ever return to liking to shop.

Honored Contributor

@Spurt -

I did like 1 or 2 of Valerie's new things but I guess not enough for the price. Plus I don't really have room for more.

I didn't even watch most of her shows, which I had done every year

before this.

The stores have so many just as unusual, pretty, innovative, and better priced things, so if I do get anything, it will be from there.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Super Contributor

I looked at the downswept tree in the 5' but it cost more than a beautiful  Costco 4.5' tree in a solid heavy wooden carved holder with multiple light choices and in both clear and color with so many options. I'll have fun playing with it. So I bought the Costco tree. Oh yeah...free shipping and received it in 2 days. It's pretty.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@millieshops wrote:

It's not just Christmas and it's not just QVC and its affiliates.  So much of everything everywhere seems to be so similar to what I have already that I'm finding it easy not to shop.  

I know I'll never return to shopping as much as I did 4 or 5 years ago, but sometimes I actually wonder if I'll ever return to liking to shop.

@millieshops 

No matter what the city; malls and shopping centers pretty much have the same stores with similar merchandise, and that's what irritates me about QVC they carry the same things as these stores but with high shipping and return policies.  It seems with QVC's buying power they could select more interesting and different vendors rather than the same ole, same ole....And these buyers even contract with several vendors selling similar items....They can do better than that.....are the QVC buyers lazy or just unimaginative .....??????

What I like to do is seek out  unique out of the way shops ....And we are lucky to have quite a few charming small towns in the surrounding area in the Texas Hill Country that carry unique and interesting items .... a great place to shop and shopping is fun and enjoyable....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

Back in August the Bethlehem Lights 18" Lit Beaded Berry Branch Tree w/Burlap Base in clear caught my eye and I bought it.  Love the little tree and am using already.  Saw they went on sale and figured I would get 2 more for grands bed rooms .  sale price was OK but then saw $5.50 EACH shipping.  As much as I would like them no way am I spending $11 in shipping.  Nothing else of interest so I'm done with Christmas shows.

Trusted Contributor

What do you expect?  The hosts who DEVELOPED holiday decorations are gone (Lisa and Jill).    No other host has been able to take their place.   It is left to Valerie, David V, and a few other usual vendors to bring decorations this year.   

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@NYwoman wrote:

What do you expect?  The hosts who DEVELOPED holiday decorations are gone (Lisa and Jill).    No other host has been able to take their place.   It is left to Valerie, David V, and a few other usual vendors to bring decorations this year.   

@NYwoman 

Yes Valerie has her decor line, and David has imput in his David's Big Christmas Shows....QVC has buyers that also purchase merchandise they have been featured on QVC video promos.... Their job to contract with vendors for the different categories of products.  There are vendors other than Valerie and David---Kringle Express, Home Reflections,  Plow & Hearth, Barbara King, Inspire Me, Santa's Best..There's also a new more elegant Christmas decor line hosted by the woman that is Luminara's vendor...she had one full show and that was it!!!! (more in the vein of what Lisa R did)....But these other vendors and products seem to be missing or rarely on....and if they do make that rare appearance they offer something thats already similar to what other vendors are also presenting...where is the variety and uniqueness

And where's Martha Stewart, Scott Living, Casa Zeta Jones....

And also what about QVC so called gift selections its nothing but the same old stuff.....

Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@Spurt   Is 6 easy pays a Black Friday Weekend to you? Most items still have shipping. Those few fashion days offered free ship and 6 easy pays. That was a better deal. Still not a true Black Friday slash prices. What gives?

@Shanus 

If the Black Friday "slash prices" are anything like some of their "sales prices" people will be saving a WHOMPING $3..... Woman LOL

@Spurt   Buy More Save $3 is the biggest joke. The shipping for each item is at least $3.50, so the savings is 50 cents!!!

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@Shanus 

If the Black Friday "slash prices" are anything like some of their "sales prices" people will be saving a WHOMPING $3..... Woman LOL

@Spurt   Buy More Save $3 is the biggest joke. The shipping for each item is at least $3.50, so the savings is 50 cents!!!

@Shanus 

Dont spend it all in one place.....😄