Honored Contributor

QVC'S CHRISTMAS SELECTION---PRETTY BLEAK!!!

[ Edited ]

I know the last few years that QVC's Christmas and Holiday decorating and gift selections has been pretty bleak....But does anyone else feel that this year's selection is ONE OF THE WORST???? Just checking out the November TSV's and based on current showings for QVC's "blockbuster" Count Down To Black Friday event (cough, cough)...I've never seen such LIMITED offerings ...its more like clear the warehouse......(and yes I turn the channel and I dont watch 24/7 but checking programming and Items on Air does it for me and tells me dont bother tuning in---only a couple of shows peaked my interest).......What do y'all think????  

Yesterday's Big Holiday Headquarters Event featured the same ole stuff--- The TSV tree which was the majority of the programming (real channel changer...it had to be a record how many times they showed it).....then the Mr. Christmas ceramic trees....ZZZZZ, the CI Lanterns which have been on numerous times, the Berkshire throws, Potpourri, ....ZZZZZZ fairy light strands which has been on since Christmas in July....ZZZZZ...the endless inventory of Kringle Express gift bags....ZZZZZ  and the smart plugs....THESE WERE THE BIG BLACK FRIDAY COUNTDOWN DEALS?????  

But it gets "better" it looks like its the start of those "Host Favorite Gifts" where coincidentally they ALL pick the SAME things....Woman LOL  And MORE--- IT Cosmetics and Josie Maran and IRobot and Practical Presents programming in our future.....ZZZZZ (check out Sunshine45's Thread for TSVS for November here on Q Talk)

It really looks like QVC is headed downhill and I will be doing my holiday shopping elsewhere....what about you???????

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Regular Contributor

Re: QVC'S CHRISTMAS SELECTION---PRETTY BLEAK!!!

You forgot the tiresome Kringle Express wrapping bags!!

Respected Contributor

Hey @Spurt good to see you! Holiday's on Q are always pretty repetitive in my mind. I did buy one of those flippy things to hold the ipad/ phone/book whatever for a relative for Christmas mainly because of the free shipping. I have one myself and really like it so I thought he would as well - at least I hope so.

As far as other gifts for family and friends, I'll be shopping places other than QVC for them. Just my personal preference that what I'm looking for as gifts, Q doesn't have.

I did buy some things on clearance yesterday for decor that I had been looking at but wasn't going to pay full price and full shipping so I got the deals I was looking for.  I passed on the tree. I thought about it for a while and then said no to myself about it. I actually have a faux tree that I should put up for sale on one of the local yard sales as I'm not using it - another reason I said no to the TSV.

Honored Contributor

@DottieD wrote:

@DottieD 

that was the "endless inventory of gift bags"

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Regular Contributor

@Spurt 

Oops, I can read!!  Guess I missed that.

Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@DottieD wrote:

@DottieD 

If the hosts weren't so shameless, they'd be wearing the gift bags over their heads.  Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@GinaV24 wrote:

Hey @Spurt good to see you! Holiday's on Q are always pretty repetitive in my mind. I did buy one of those flippy things to hold the ipad/ phone/book whatever for a relative for Christmas mainly because of the free shipping. I have one myself and really like it so I thought he would as well - at least I hope so.

As far as other gifts for family and friends, I'll be shopping places other than QVC for them. Just my personal preference that what I'm looking for as gifts, Q doesn't have.

I did buy some things on clearance yesterday for decor that I had been looking at but wasn't going to pay full price and full shipping so I got the deals I was looking for.  I passed on the tree. I thought about it for a while and then said no to myself about it. I actually have a faux tree that I should put up for sale on one of the local yard sales as I'm not using it - another reason I said no to the TSV.

@GinaV24 

I did get the nativity from Valerie (and at least her show had NEW items)....  and an "as is" B&L Garland I found online for outside decorating....

Now that "flippy thing" was one of the VERY FEW unique things QVC has offered lately....But nothing much else to speak of to fill up our "gift closets".....LOL Woman LOL Hmmm......How many recipients would enjoy those outlet plugs????? 

The TSV tree was at least reasonably priced....but not in the market for one....already bought my replacement tree this year....and I am not a fan of the downswept style....no room for presents...and MORE IMPORTANT....no room for cats to snuggle underneath the tree....what were they thinking..... Cat LOL Cat Wink

Honored Contributor

@ValuSkr wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@DottieD wrote:

@DottieD 

If the hosts weren't so shameless, they'd be wearing the gift bags over their heads.  Smiley Sad

@ValuSkr 

🤣 🤣 🤣

Honored Contributor

What bothers me the most is the endless general unspecified gift shows and Shawn's Gifts, Amy's Gifts, etc. That's 2-3 hours of everything from gadgets to clothing to beauty to electronics. Watching? No. Recording and FF? A no there, too. 

Honored Contributor

@Spurt   Is 6 easy pays a Black Friday Weekend to you? Most items still have shipping. Those few fashion days offered free ship and 6 easy pays. That was a better deal. Still not a true Black Friday slash prices. What gives?