Honored Contributor

Re: QVC Revamping - Don’t just Pick on Hosts

I cannot believe QVC is really trying to attract new, younger shoppers via their TV on-air presentations.  Younger shoppers do not shop this way.  

QVC has been trying to build their other sales platforms -- FB, Instagram, YouTube, etc.  That brings shoppers immediately to the online site, not to TV watching.  

That's another reason they try to push the QVC App, and shopping by using the UPC code they sometimes have at the bottom of the screen.  HSN even lets you shop by using their streaming channel and your remote to shop.

Some on-air antics by the hosts are cringe-worthy:  What color is your toothbrush? Leah wants to know / hosts' constant countdown of colors left / It's called liquid knit because it's literally liquid / screaming and over the top enthusiasm about a nut mix, or a loud printed crew neck t-shirt, etc.  

Let's face it, for the most part, QVC TV viewing is very corny and built to keep long-time shoppers company while they shop.  Being corny is the kiss of death to younger shoppers.  But if they at least know great products are here online, they could be persuaded to use the QVC App to search and spend, spend, spend.

Trusted Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

I cannot believe QVC is really trying to attract new, younger shoppers via their TV on-air presentations.  Younger shoppers do not shop this way.  

QVC has been trying to build their other sales platforms -- FB, Instagram, YouTube, etc.  That brings shoppers immediately to the online site, not to TV watching.  

That's another reason they try to push the QVC App, and shopping by using the UPC code they sometimes have at the bottom of the screen.  HSN even lets you shop by using their streaming channel and your remote to shop.

Some on-air antics by the hosts are cringe-worthy:  What color is your toothbrush? Leah wants to know / hosts' constant countdown of colors left / It's called liquid knit because it's literally liquid / screaming and over the top enthusiasm about a nut mix, or a loud printed crew neck t-shirt, etc.  

Let's face it, for the most part, QVC TV viewing is very corny and built to keep long-time shoppers company while they shop.  Being corny is the kiss of death to younger shoppers.  But if they at least know great products are here online, they could be persuaded to use the QVC App to search and spend, spend, spend.

@Caaareful Shopper   ROFLMAO at this line! 😄😄😄😄. I soooo get it.

Honored Contributor

@Alexa6352 wrote:

Contrary to what some of you are saying,I get compliments from all ages on MY QVC Clothes..When I wear anything ANYBODY..all ages ask me where did I get that. I wear Kim Gravel..same thing..I wear Lori Goldstein same thing  Barefoot Dream too.Young and old..My Dooney bags are always loved..So I guess I must be living in a different world.and I live in New York City..

@Alexa6352   I agree with you.  I purchase very select pieces and have put together a fabulous wardrobe, if I do say so myself.  Not one single brand can provide what I like for everything I wear, but that's the same with any brand in fashion.  There are some QVC brands I have never purchased, but others that are sometimes right up my alley.  I go online and watch the videos, and more times than not I get great items delivered.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

@Alexa6352 wrote:

Contrary to what some of you are saying,I get compliments from all ages on MY QVC Clothes..When I wear anything ANYBODY..all ages ask me where did I get that. I wear Kim Gravel..same thing..I wear Lori Goldstein same thing  Barefoot Dream too.Young and old..My Dooney bags are always loved..So I guess I must be living in a different world.and I live in New York City..

@Alexa6352   I agree with you.  I purchase very select pieces and have put together a fabulous wardrobe, if I do say so myself.  Not one single brand can provide what I like for everything I wear, but that's the same with any brand in fashion.  There are some QVC brands I have never purchased, but others that are sometimes right up my alley.  I go online and watch the videos, and more times than not I get great items delivered.

@Caaareful Shopper @Alexa6352  - I agree with you all also.  I've ordered pieces from different lines including Susan Graver, Logo, etc.  and have received many compliments.  I don't dress "old" or however the OP is implying. 

Honored Contributor

Call it a different name--- "luxe knit" "liquid knit" "peachskin" is just another name for polyester...and thats the majority of the fabrication. HOT HOT HOT in the summer!!!

While I do prefer natural fabrics I understand a little 5% polyester is needed for a garment to hold its shape wash after wash (100% cotton does tend to shrink or what professional launderers refer to as "relaxation of the fabric")Shrinkage occurs as a result of stress relaxation when a cotton textile article is washed and dried.....

And another gripe is the uneven hems ("diaper hems")--- what is the purpose....to me it DRAWS attention rather than minimizes the "backside"...Maybe they need new buyers/vendors. Some variety would be nice, it seems theres less and less STRAIGHT HEMS!!! Thats why my clothing purchases have been minimal at QVC, its the same look for all vendors .....and in their financial reports apparel sales are down....hmmmmmmmmmmmm 🤔

According to Pulse August 2019----

Their Favorite Places To Buy Clothing

19 to 25 year olds

1. Target
      2. Walmart
      3. Amazon
      4. Forever 21
      5. Goodwill/Thrift Store

Their Favorite Places To Buy Clothing

26 to 37 year olds

1. Kohls

2. Amazon

3.Target

4. Old Navy

5. Macy's

Where They’re Buying Their Work Clothes

23-36-year-olds

1. Target
      2. Online retailers
      3. Kohl’s
      4. Walmart
      5. Amazon
      6. Thrift stores / Goodwill
      7. Old Navy
      8. Macy’s
      9. Loft
      10. J. C. Penney
      11. Ross
      12. TJ Maxx
      13. Express
      14. Banana Republic
      15. H&M

And the price points of the above preferred retailers are nowhere near QVC prices. .....Face it QVC your clothing prices are uncompetitive....Yes, some are willing to pay, but many are NOT.....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

@Love my grandkids 

My daughters, age 39 and 43, don't want any of the clothing lines on QVC.  Plus, they don't have time between their kids and jobs to be watching tv.  They shop a lot on their phones to websites with clothing that suits them.  I know they buy Loft, Gap, and when they shop in stores it is often for finds in Marshalls, TJ Max, etc. I don't think they will ever appeal to this age group, they don't have endless hours to spend in front of the tv.

More seniors watch than anyone, in my opinion!

Esteemed Contributor

@NicksmomESQ wrote:

@Matchup  I totally agree.I don't think the problem is the hosts.I think it's that they push the same stuff over & over again.

--------------

For me, their problem is both - poor hosts and offering repeats of same products.  Combination of  hosts that I will not watch and products that I do not need nor want....I rarely watch QVC anymore! I do look at the website and do order every so often!!

And my 40 year old DD never watches nor buys any items from QVC and I doubt she ever will!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

There are a few lines that would attract a younger audience...the 7 For All Mankind Jeans, Laurie Felt, Side Stitch, MAC cosmetics, Barefoot Dreams, etc., but look at those prices.

I don't think any of us are willing to watch endless hours of Josie, Philosophy, Graver, Logo, etc. 

Younger and older buyers look for discounts on purchases, not easy pay, especially now when the economic climate is uncertain. That's where QVC is missing the boat in every category. 

Respected Contributor

For me it’s not so much the designers or the styles, but fabric. Wish they would understand that some people are willing to pay the price for good quality natural fabrics. There are other problems too but this is just one of my gripes. I have same gripe with many clothing retailers now, not just Q.
Super Contributor

My granddaughters wouldn't shop QVC clothing (shoes, maybe)  and lately I'm having trouble finding anything suitable for a grandmother. Even Denim and Company has undergone a sea change. I'm not sure what age group the buyers are targeting, but I'm not in it!