Honored Contributor

Re: QVC REALLY BLEW IT ! I'M DONE ! ( after 20+ years )

@KYToby  While I understand what you're saying about the manufacturer, QVC is selling the product and owes the OP more than just going in and canceling the order.  That's very unprofessional for any business, regardless of who it is. They should have offered some kind of an explanation and apology.

I do agree the OP would have a better chance of getting a chair that fits her needs if she buys locally, sometimes that just isn't possible for people with back problems.  Maybe have a family member or friend choose a chair for her would be better. Personally, I wouldn't order any type of furniture from QVC or any other home shopping company but that's just me.

Respected Contributor

I don't like this "blame the victim" mentality.  Yeah, she could have/should have/ would have not ordered it at all, but the fact is, she did, and now is a customer being treated poorly.  

She ordered this thing in good faith, and now this happened.   

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Contributor

Thank you all for your input and suggestons.Woman Very Happy

I cant seem to reply to each one of you separately.  So sorry !! I've read every response and appreciate your comments.  I guess I never expected this from QVC . . . my "go to" shopping place.    Woman Sad

I will do more comparison shopping from now on.  Just can't believe this.  It will all go as it should and I will have a chair !!!!  Smiley Very Happy 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Sorry this happened to you. I would say you are probably better off you did not receive it & don't have to hassle with sending it back. I saw the recliner when it was presented. It's made out of some kind of faux leather aka plastic & memory. That chair would be so hot I could not sit it in it. If you do not keep your home cool you would be sticking to the chair.

You would be better off looking at a couple of places where you live to find exaclty what you want. You can sit in it to see how it feels. Won't have to worry about sending it back.

I could never buy furniture online without being able to look at it & sit in it first to make sure it's comfy.

Respected Contributor

Customer Service may not be able to explain, but surely 

someone in the QVC organization can find out what happened.  

I would be be furious too, if I was treated this way.

Trusted Contributor

How many TSVs have I ordered between midnight and 1 a.m. - ordered with a credit card - and yet I, too, had my items placed on back order.    I would call CS and get the spiel that the items would show up, just later than expected.  I cancelled every single order.

Contributor

Customer service called me on Thursday to tell me that THEY NEVER HAD THE CHAIR in that color..(Putty). 

I was offered any other color.   I don't want to settle for something I don't want.  Then, offered $ 25.00 for our trouble.   That wasn't the point.    . . . . . then said that he would give me the cleaning/polish kit, but  he would have to take back the offer of $ 25.00. !!!!!

Then, after being told, now 5 different stories and that they had NONE in the PUTTY color . . . . they DO HAVE the chair in PUTTY, in the automatic control model.   Funny, because the 2nd CS agent said that after this mess, they could promise me, "A chair, maybe a little different model or one of more value, for this mistake".

It was never offered. 

I'm so done.

Honored Contributor

@qvcpa wrote:

Customer service called me on Thursday to tell me that THEY NEVER HAD THE CHAIR in that color..(Putty). 

I was offered any other color.   I don't want to settle for something I don't want.  Then, offered $ 25.00 for our trouble.   That wasn't the point.    . . . . . then said that he would give me the cleaning/polish kit, but  he would have to take back the offer of $ 25.00. !!!!!

Then, after being told, now 5 different stories and that they had NONE in the PUTTY color . . . . they DO HAVE the chair in PUTTY, in the automatic control model.   Funny, because the 2nd CS agent said that after this mess, they could promise me, "A chair, maybe a little different model or one of more value, for this mistake".

It was never offered. 

I'm so done.

Did you speak to a supervisor? Or maybe call corporate or write a letter to Corporate.

You could also try posting this in the Customer Care forum.

Good luck. It is very upsetting when a company takes such a lack of interest in their customers and their being satisfied.

Valued Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

That was a terrible experience, absolutely awful.  My guess that the color you wanted was never available or available in such limited quantities that it sold out practically immediately.  Before you ordered and the manufacturer couldn't commit to additional quantity in that color.  I think rather than cancelling your order, someone should have called YOU and explained what happened (truthfully) and asked if you wanted a different color.  This wasn't a shirt or a pair of shoes, it was a high $$ item and you are a long time customer.  I've been shopping with Qvc for 30 years but I have never purchased furniture or mattresses.  I always thought  "what if" there are delivery problems or they don't deliver what I ordered or there's a defect.   Returningi it would be a majpr hassle. 

Except if you read her post, at the end of the day, one of the only remaining colors was putty, the one she ordered shortly after midnight.  So, it, in theory, could not have sold out immediately if it was still being offered at the end of the day.

Saving one dog won’t change the world, but it will surely change the world for that one dog
Richard C. Call
Honored Contributor

No excuses for the fact that the OP has gotten so many different responses from CS and she can't trust any of them, but -

This really sounds to me like Lay-Z-Boy is just not communicating properly or meaningfully with QVC and not telling QVC the truth about stock and what is/is not available. It sounds like the hosts and CS are speaking based on what they were told about the item *as it was set up for sale by corporate*, while the reality is that Lay-Z-Boy was changing the game in Real-time and continues to do so. At this point CS really wants to help, but perhaps *they* are getting multiple different answers. What a mess!

Life without Mexican food is no life at all