Contributor

QVC REALLY BLEW IT ! I'M DONE ! ( after 20+ years )

[ Edited ]

After more than 20 years with QVC - I've never had such a bad experience.  This made me lose all my confidence in QVC. On April 30th ( I think it was the date ) QVC presented the Lay-Z-Boy Maverick chair. It was the TSV. I've had an extensive back surery with rods, screws and a cage in my lower back and I really thought this was a nice chair  I liked the "RENEW" material and thought the memory foam would be nice . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Within the first 45 minutes of the presentation, after midnight, I ordered the PUTTY color. ALL colors were available when I placed my order.  I was so relieved I didn't have to go out and look for a chair as I'm having pain when I stand too long.  ! I  was anxious for the delivery. I was told to expect the chair in 8 to 10 days. . . . . . . . . . .   To my shock .. . . I looked at my orders (online) on Monday and I saw that is was "BACKORDERED". I was surprised as I was waiting for a call to set up the delivery.. . . . . . .  . .    SO, I called customer service and they told me that the chair was sold out ! How could this be? She told me not to worry, it would be delivered by May 27.    I told them that I called so soon after presentation.The CS rep. asked me what color I wanted and I even bought the 3 bottle set of conditioners / cleaners.   She asked me to pick another color. I asked how this could be backordered when I ordered so early in the presentation.  I was so disappointed and puzzled . . . . .    . . . . . . I told her 23 HOURS LATER, Rick Domeirer was STILL showing the chairs for the last time and the PUTTY was still there !! I still can't understand what they are telling me. . . . . . Finally I went back onto my account today to see it was "CANCELLED". . . . . . . . . I called QVC again and asked why. The woman in Customer Service told me that QVC never had that chair ! I asked what could have happened as I ordered it so quickly and you and the other hosts kept us up to date on which colors were going to sell out. At the end of the day, when Rick was on, the LAST two colors were PUTTY and COCOA. How can this be ? . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .I would like to ask QVC how much confidence I can have now when I purchase something . . . .will it be in stock or will my order be cancelled without my knowledge? . . . . . . . . . . We were told FOUR different stories as to what happened to the chair. It's the principle of no one quite knowing what happened and them telling me that maybe I ordered too late ! I said, "forty-five minutes into the presentation?:..So, that is my experience. I am upset about this . . .   I've lost my confidence and as I sad, we were told 4 different stories.  I have to send the conditioner/cleaner set back . . . .why was I offered that if there wasn't a chair !!!!!  I am writing in hopes maybe someone can pass this on to the buyers or the right department of QVC. . . . . . . .I know that this isn't the world's biggest problem and I've been with QVC for 20 years . . . . . but with the pain and trouble with my back, it was the answer to a problem of me having to go out and shop.   My confidence is gone.

Honored Contributor

Re: QVC REALLY BLEW IT ! I'M DONE ! ( after 20+ years )

Contain your ire long enough to go to "customer care" on the titles on the left side of the screen, at the bottom, and ask one of the moderators to look into this for you.  They'll take care of you.  Don't blame you for being mad.  They are very good to us.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Eva - QVC Social Team@Wayne-QVCor whoever might see this from Social, could someone investigate for this customer and get her more information? I'm sure she'd appreciate it.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Occasional Visitor

This should never have happened. I think QVC should make this good and offer you some thing for your troubles.  

Honored Contributor

I'd be done too.  They did not give you the straight story.

Esteemed Contributor

This happened to me also a couple times...i ordered the TSV in the beginning of the presentations when all stock was there....and then told it was backordered, but luckily nothing i needed right away.  Hope all goes well for you and you get satisfaction.

Esteemed Contributor

Keep calling until you get a straight story.

Honored Contributor

That was a terrible experience, absolutely awful.  My guess that the color you wanted was never available or available in such limited quantities that it sold out practically immediately.  Before you ordered and the manufacturer couldn't commit to additional quantity in that color.  I think rather than cancelling your order, someone should have called YOU and explained what happened (truthfully) and asked if you wanted a different color.  This wasn't a shirt or a pair of shoes, it was a high $$ item and you are a long time customer.  I've been shopping with Qvc for 30 years but I have never purchased furniture or mattresses.  I always thought  "what if" there are delivery problems or they don't deliver what I ordered or there's a defect.   Returningi it would be a majpr hassle. 

Honored Contributor

@qvcpa  Sounds like the Q needs to come up with a chair in Putty and see that it gets delivered to you ASAP.  More and more these things seem to be happening.  I'm sorry you are having this problem and hope you get some relief from the pain.

Honored Contributor

Just be done with QVC! Do not buy high ticket items from them ever again... returning anything is a nightmare.  People are mistaken to think that they are getting such a great deal. 

@qvcpa My advice to you is to Go out and order a chair at a box store.. sit in it . KNOW WHAT YOU ARE BUYING.   You will pay the same if not get a better price. QVC is not cheaper most of the time!