Trusted Contributor

Re: QVC QR code returns.....similar to amazon

I needed to return 5 items, clothing and shoes that did not fit. I have made my last fashion purchase from QVC...no more.

Critter Lover! (especially cats!)
Honored Contributor

@BirkiLady wrote:

@sunshine45 

Does UPS and/or USPS charge for their cost (time) of helping with the QR code that the customer is not able to do themselves?

Why couldn't QVC simply include the QR code on all packing slips in the first place and save customers the hassle?  Not everyone has a smart phone or goes to the USPS or UPS. Many people simply leave their returns in the mailbox for their carrier to pick up!  

When I need a copy at UPS, it is a dime for an 8 1/2 x 11 one-sided copy. This could become expensive for them to help QVC customers. The USPS branch near me does not have a copier for public use. 

@BirkiLady 

as with amazon, UPS and USPS charge nothing to print out a label and attach it to your package.

when i go to USPS and UPS they give me a return slip with proof that i sent my package back.

if you dont have a smartphone or no access to someone with a smartphone or tablet, you can STILL leave your package in or at the mailbox to return with a return sticker or a print out of the return from your order status (something i personally would not leave a package outside or near my mailbox.due to safety/theft issues.)

this is a nice step forward for QVC.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Valued Contributor

I hate waiting in slow post office lines.
Esteemed Contributor

@BirkiLady   when you present the QR code at the post office or UPS store they give you a printed receipt and tracking number.  You don't have to copy anything.  

Esteemed Contributor

@sunshine45 @Teddixat 

Got it! You can tell I simply go to my local PO after hours to return anything and use the self-help USPS system to avoid having to pay QVC's crazy S&H and long delivery times.

USPS is quick, easy and reasonable . . . especially if sending more than one item back to QVC at one time! 

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Trusted Contributor

I love this return method.  I've never used it for a QVC return but other online stores have not charged for return shipping if I use that method.  So no return shipping fee, no packing the return.  It's awesome.  As I said, I don't know about QVC and return shipping charges.  

Occasional Visitor

In this instance you do not need a qr reader app. QVC sends one to you for the item you want to return. You go to USPS or UPS with the boxed item and show the code to the clerk from your phone. The clerk will scan it, print the label and take the box. .....the other use for qr codes for YOU to scan requires you to download an qr app to read them. What they do is link you to whatever it is that's advertising it. A website, an item, music, videos etc. Hope this helps in understanding.