Respected Contributor

Re: QVC Just Posted That Louis Dell'Olio Has Retired

@Aussie Lover wrote:

@Somertime By the time you get to an airport in the CT area, go through security, make the actual fly time, get off the plane and get ground transport to West Chester you can easily chew up the six hours it takes to drive. Plus, it can be even more mentally exhausting to constantly deal with the crowds and lines in the greater NYC area.

It does (or at least, can easily) take six hours to drive to West Chester. You never know when you are going to get caught up in rush hour traffic or a traffic slow down, and you have to factor in extra time for the trip should these things occur.

Driving from CT to WC means driving the entire length of NJ and part of NY state and while it doesn't look like much on the map, it is a lengthy drive. At one point, I lived within a 20-minute drive into PHL. That could easily take 2 hours depending upon traffic and weather.

I was born in NYC and lived there and in NJ for 41 years and dealt with the area's traffic for that entire time. 

It is one of the detractors of living in the NYC area, unfortunately.

So yes, it can be a six-hour drive one way. And in a snowstorm, driving for six miles can be a nightmare in bumper to bumper traffic.

Just trying to put some perspective on the trip. No diss intended at all and not disputing your question in any way. Smiley Happy

You are absolutely correct. I've done the same drive many times and it is not easy.  Flyng would be just as long AND he brings al the clothes, hats, scarves, jewlery with him for each model for the entire show! He's driving down in a loaded van and not cruising along at 80 mph in a luxury car! With tristate traffic, accidents, rain, snow--a stop or two along the way, its a 5-6 hour drive!

"More is more and less is a bore!" Iris Apfel
Trusted Contributor

Re: QVC Posted That Louis Dell'Olio Relinquishing On Air Role

I will miss seeing him very much.  He is such an elegant man and a joy to watch but I can fully understand where he is coming from and I wish him all the happiness, peace and comfort that he so well deserves.

Honored Contributor

@Sheesh wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@Nicksmom wrote:

Louis asked that his statement not be reposted.His wishes should be respected.

Louis is a class act. The Linea shows won't be the same without him.

I wish him well & hope he finds peace.💐

@Nicksmom.  QVC posted it. I’m sure they had his permission. I think he just didn’t want it posted yesterday as he wanted QVC to be the first to post it.

+++++++++++

No, Louis specifically asked that his message on his Blog NOT be copied and pasted onto the Q Forum. There is a poster here who posted it TWICE! Louis is going through a difficult time and he did NOT want what he shared with his followers on his BLOG posted here. The Q did not post his personal message. Two completely different things

@Sheesh , while I don't agree that it was posted twice here, that poster said it was from his Facebook page, not his blog. I follow only his blog. 

Respected Contributor

@loveschocolate wrote:

@Sheesh wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@Nicksmom wrote:

Louis asked that his statement not be reposted.His wishes should be respected.

Louis is a class act. The Linea shows won't be the same without him.

I wish him well & hope he finds peace.💐

@Nicksmom.  QVC posted it. I’m sure they had his permission. I think he just didn’t want it posted yesterday as he wanted QVC to be the first to post it.

+++++++++++

No, Louis specifically asked that his message on his Blog NOT be copied and pasted onto the Q Forum. There is a poster here who posted it TWICE! Louis is going through a difficult time and he did NOT want what he shared with his followers on his BLOG posted here. The Q did not post his personal message. Two completely different things

@Sheesh , while I don't agree that it was posted twice here, that poster said it was from his Facebook page, not his blog. I follow only his blog. 

That is immaterial where the poster found it---he asked that it not be posted on the Q Forums. That was his request that was dishonored!

Respected Contributor

i am so sorry that we will not be seeing Louis anymore.  

Valued Contributor

So surprised to hear this.  He seemed so relaxed lately and had such a good rapport with the hosts and models.  Maybe he seemed that way because he had made his decision.  I assumed it was because he was very comfortable in the role.  He has a way about him that I can't see being filled by someone else.  

Respected Contributor

The two offending posts have now been removed from this thread.  Thank you to the moderator.

Honored Contributor

He won’t be on TV but he will still be designing. I respect his decision.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Respected Contributor

Thank you, Louis, for sharing your wonderful talent with us!  Best wishes for your future endeavors! 

Respected Contributor

I am sad to see him go. He is still in a deep depression and life is hard. I hope he can eventually start enjoying life, as we only go around once. I do wish him well.