Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Re: QVC Posted That Louis Dell'Olio Relinquishing On Air Role

[ Edited ]

There seems to be a lot of asumptions about Louis and his emotional state by viewers. Most of them have not lost a spouse.

All of this is hyperbole and speculation, which is cause for gossip. It's painful to read. How do you know what Louis is feeling or why he is making his decisions? What gives you the right to add such comments?

Louis Del'Olio is a competent and wise gentleman. He doesn't need anyone feeling sorry for him or making excuses for his choices in life. We all make our own choices with our own facts at hand. It isn't anyone elses business. Louis provided a graceful reason for his departure from QVC programs. Why can't viewers accept his Blog with dignity and simply wish his well? 

All the physco babble is crazy! Statistically, most of the females on this forum will outlive their spouses. My husband passed away 14 years ago (Nov. 2005) and I can't imagine being treated like Louis is being treated on this thread. It is difficult, but life does go on. We don't need people writing poems and feeling sorry for us! We need friends, relatives and those who truly care about our well-being to help us cope with our decisions and wish us well as we venture into new territory.

Please stop the pity party comments. Louis isn't that kind of guy. He's a gentleman who deserves to have his wish granted . . . and he did not want this on the forums. Let his creative juices flow from his studio at home. Jennifer Reed is perfectly capable to handle the programs on QVC. If either Jennifer or Louis decide they've had enough, that will be their business; NOT the viewers.  

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Lewis won't be at QVC.   Is the Jen who willshow his clothes, Jen Coffey. 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@reynold wrote:

Lewis won't be at QVC.   Is the Jen who willshow his clothes, Jen Coffey. 

No, it will be his brand representative Jennifer Reed. The other is a hostess.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Highlighted
Contributor

I would think that QVC posting this announcement on Facebook signals the first step in eliminating this line. It can't be very profitable for them as the line appeals to a small percentage of their viewers. And without the designer himself as the "draw" I don't see it being around for much longer.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@BirkiLady wrote:

There seems to be a lot of asumptions about Louis and his emotional state by viewers. Most of them have not lost a spouse.

All of this is hyperbole and speculation, which is cause for gossip. It's painful to read. How do you know what Louis is feeling or why he is making his decisions? What gives you the right to add such comments?

Louis Del'Olio is a competent and wise gentleman. He doesn't need anyone feeling sorry for him or making excuses for his choices in life. We all make our own choices with our own facts at hand. It isn't anyone elses business. Louis provided a graceful reason for his departure from QVC programs. Why can't viewers accept his Blog with dignity and simply wish his well? 

All the physco babble is crazy! Statistically, most of the females on this forum will outlive their spouses. My husband passed away 14 years ago (Nov. 2005) and I can't imagine being treated like Louis is being treated on this thread. It is difficult, but life does go on. We don't need people writing poems and feeling sorry for us! We need friends, relatives and those who truly care about our well-being to help us cope with our decisions and wish us well as we venture into new territory.

Please stop the pity party comments. Louis isn't that kind of guy. He's a gentleman who deserves to have his wish granted . . . and he did not want this on the forums. Let his creative juices flow from his studio at home. Jennifer Reed is perfectly capable to handle the programs on QVC. If either Jennifer or Louis decide they've had enough, that will be their business; NOT the viewers.  

-------------------

Exactly why he probably did not want his message posted on the forum!! 

No reason for anyone to speculate...his decision not to appear on air...end of story!!!

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@BirkiLady  I totally understand Louis' feelings and yours too.  I lost my husband almost 7  years ago and I also still wear my wedding rings, do not date, etc.   Evenings are so lonely.  I'm sure coming to QVC has been so difficult as Jacque always came with Louis to model at his shows.  They were such a lovely couple and  on so many of his shows he still mentions his lovely wife.    I will  miss him  on the shows, but totally understand how he feels.  I wish him peace and good health.  He will be greatly missed.

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

@bjried wrote:

I would think that QVC posting this announcement on Facebook signals the first step in eliminating this line. It can't be very profitable for them as the line appeals to a small percentage of their viewers. And without the designer himself as the "draw" I don't see it being around for much longer.

I agree

Time to really STOCK UP and buy what you want because they might not return ever again!!!

Happiness is ALWAYS an inside job,
Don't assign anyone else that much POWER
in your life!!!
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

I believe Louis when he says he will continue to design. He probably took a cue from Judith Ripka about on air appearances.  They do not mind doing the designing. They just do not want to travel to West Chester, PA.  

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Personally I would be more upset if he stated he was fully retiring.  I totally understand why he does not want to make the trip anymore.  There is a lot more to an on air appearance that the time in front of the camera.  Jennifer does a good job.  I always look forward to his collections and I think it is marvelous that he answers questions.  I do not ask him many questions, but I enjoy the privilege.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: QVC Just Posted That Louis Dell'Olio Has Retired

via facebook

Good morning my Dear Friends.....I couldn't wait another second to thank all of you for your good wishes and understanding of my choice. I feel like a great weight has been lifted from my shoulders, and I couldn't be happier. I will no longer have to drive back and forth for 6 hours plus to QVC in all sorts of conditions. I will no longer have to stay at the hotel by myself, thought the staff has been wonderful to me over the past 19 1/2 years. I will no longer have to eat at the Outback by myself, the only restaurant within miles of the hotel. I will miss presenting the collections to you, and I will miss the models who have become family, but we will always get together either in NYC or at my home. Now I can be in my home, and do what I love to do...design the clothes, jewelry and hosiery from my Studio on the 3rd floor of my home......all the time looking at the sea....You can always reach me 24/7 at louisdellolio,com with all of your questions and comments.......I will be at home... As Jac would always call it...."Our separate peace". much Love....Louis

"Perpetual optimism is a force multiplier." - Colin Powell