Honored Contributor

Re: QVC Plus Special Announcement

@esmerelda wrote:

@VaBelle35 wrote:

There used to be a Q2 years ago, Clinton Kelly was a host on there.

@VaBelle35  The fashion channel, right?

Maybe that's what they need to do again.  Have one channel focus on, instead of fashion, mattresses, TV's, computers, vacuums, cameras...like that.  You know...the things that bore us on weekends.

QVC Plans to Reformat Fashion Channel to Q2

July 30, 1993

Call it the post-Yuppie channel.

Barry Diller's QVC Network has acknowledged that it will reformat the Fashion Channel into an upscale, "contemporary" home shopping channel aimed at the health-conscious and upwardly mobile set.

The redesigned shopping channel--named Q2--will be headed by Candace M. Carpenter, former head of Time-Life Television and Video and a six-year marketing veteran with American Express.

"This channel is for people who are incredibly busy and do not traditionally watch home shopping," said Carpenter.

QVC promises Q2 will "provide creative solutions to everyday problems" such as "how to look great without living in a gym, finding the computer that's meant for you . . . buying and using a mountain bike, turning your bathtub into a spa . . . camping for beginners . . . "

Q2 is scheduled to debut in the spring of 1994.

And we know how well that worked out.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

@handygal2 wrote:

The announcement has just been made by Amy: QVC Plus will become QVC 2, with more live shows than before.

@handygal2

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ........hmmmm......so wonder if they are hiring more hosts since more live programming and are both running 24/7, and of course as others said, SAME boring products on 2 channels instead of 1.......  Gee, I would like just 1 channel with a variety of unique and different products and programming....Woman FrustratedWoman Sad

aahh, just like the old doublemint gum commercial---double our displeasure, double our unfun.

50-Signs-That-You-Grew-Up-In-The-90s43.jpg

OR........................................

images (1).jpg

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

I have that too, don't get the channel, don't think we are missing much.

Honored Contributor

@VaBelle35 wrote:

@esmerelda wrote:

@VaBelle35 wrote:

Maybe that's what they need to do again.  Have one channel focus on, instead of fashion, mattresses, TV's, computers, vacuums, cameras...like that.  You know...the things that bore us on weekends.

July 30, 1993

Barry Diller's QVC Network has acknowledged that it will reformat the Fashion Channel into an upscale, "contemporary" home shopping channel aimed at the health-conscious and upwardly mobile set.

The redesigned shopping channel--named Q2--will be headed by Candace M. Carpenter, former head of Time-Life Television and Video and a six-year marketing veteran with American Express.

"This channel is for people who are incredibly busy and do not traditionally watch home shopping," said Carpenter.

QVC promises Q2 will "provide creative solutions to everyday problems" such as "how to look great without living in a gym, finding the computer that's meant for you . . . buying and using a mountain bike, turning your bathtub into a spa . . . camping for beginners . . . "

@VaBelle35

Gee only a couple of minor changes here and there and QVC could've posted the same announcement---LOL!!!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

QVC has indeed had some "interesting" ideas over the years:....

QVC purchased Oodles Market Place.....

https://homeshoppingista.wordpress.com/2012/12/06/qvc-buys-assets-of-oodle-marketplace-for-oodles-of...

Then there was Send The Trend......

https://homeshoppingista.wordpress.com/2012/10/03/qvc-acquisition-send-the-trend-e-commerce-site-rel...

And then QVC PLUS outlined in this thread.......

Then Beauty IQ.......

I love this analysis from the Washigton Post:

And so there is some risk that Beauty iQ will simply cannibalize QVC’s existing business rather than steal share from other sellers.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/business/wp/2016/10/24/why-qvc-is-launching-a-new-tv-channel-ded...

How is Beauty iQ doing out of the gate? (launched October 2016, this article Feb 2017)

It’s early and the business is still small, but we’re excited for the potential the channel offers us to introduce new beauty brands, as well as introduce a new generation of women to QVC, and also to redefine what a contemporary interactive video retailing experience can be.

https://vista.today/2017/02/chester-county-leadership-mike-george-chief-executive-officer-and-presid...

TRY VARIETY QVC---VARIETY!

Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@VaBelle35 wrote:

@esmerelda wrote:

@VaBelle35 wrote:

July 30, 1993

@VaBelle35

Gee only a couple of minor changes here and there and QVC could've posted the same announcement---LOL!!!

OMG you're so right!  LOLOL

QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@handygal2 wrote:

The announcement has just been made by Amy: QVC Plus will become QVC 2, with more live shows than before.

@handygal2

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ........hmmmm......so wonder if they are hiring more hosts since more live programming and are both running 24/7, and of course as others said, SAME boring products on 2 channels instead of 1.......  Gee, I would like just 1 channel with a variety of unique and different products and programming....Woman FrustratedWoman Sad

aahh, just like the old doublemint gum commercial---double our displeasure, double our unfun.

50-Signs-That-You-Grew-Up-In-The-90s43.jpg

OR........................................

images (1).jpg

@Spurt: LOL!!... So true!

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Honored Contributor

Maybe we'll go back to 1 Host per show.

Because really, 3 is a crowd.

QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Respected Contributor

@Pearlee Duh! I am aware I do not have to watch & I don't. I merely check "items recently on air". My point WAS, I don't understand the NEED for extra channels. It's all the same products over & OVER. 

Honored Contributor

@TX-starlight wrote:

@Pearlee Duh! I am aware I do not have to watch & I don't. I merely check "items recently on air". My point WAS, I don't understand the NEED for extra channels. It's all the same products over & OVER. 

@TX-starlight  Of the two of us, I don't think I'm the one deserving of the "Duh!"   My previous post in response to yours is below. I was trying to be helpful anwering you with an explanation when you asked what QVC's point was with the other channels..  What is your problem?  You owe me an apology.

@Pearlee wrote:

@TX-starlight wrote:

@wvumountiefan EXACTLY!! I do not understand these other channels at all!! What's the point?? Can anyone figure this out?? 

I would think it's in case QVC isn't selling products you are interested in (ladders for example) you can switch over to another QVC channel that is selling something you are interested in (clothing for example).  In other words, to keep TV viewership with the company.