Honored Contributor

Re: QVC Plus Special Announcement

@handygal2 wrote:

The announcement has just been made by Amy: QVC Plus will become QVC 2, with more live shows than before.

Was Amy's announcement made "real quick"?

Honored Contributor

There used to be a Q2 years ago, Clinton Kelly was a host on there.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Respected Contributor

I cant figure out the point of the other channel--its the same products.  

Respected Contributor

@wvumountiefan EXACTLY!! I do not understand these other channels at all!! What's the point?? Can anyone figure this out?? 

Honored Contributor

@TX-starlight wrote:

@wvumountiefan EXACTLY!! I do not understand these other channels at all!! What's the point?? Can anyone figure this out?? 

I would think it's in case QVC isn't selling products you are interested in (ladders for example) you can switch over to another QVC channel that is selling something you are interested in (clothing for example).  In other words, to keep TV viewership with the company.  

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@duster95 wrote:

Jane T just said that QVC Plus is becoming QVC 2 and will have more live programming / hosts.  So exciting. Not. LOL

I heard that too...lol!  They sure know how to give us all a big ole surprise announcement like this.  Whoop De Doo! 

This channel is a big waste of money.  So, it doesn't seem as though "QVC PLUS" is doing the job of selling so they are changing the name to "QVC 2"?  yeah, that oughta bring in alot more sales.  Copying HSN again.....HSN 2 has been in existence for awhile.  HSN  2 is all prerecorded programming, nothing live, but the Q just has to spend the money and raise prices towards us in order to keep this extra channel and the hosts salary going up and up......waste, waste, waste.  I never watch it (Qplus) and not much of the regular Q either.

Honored Contributor

@Daysdee wrote:

@corita wrote:

Hardly watch the Q channel now, cannot imagine watching the Q Plus channel!!  Instead of spreading itself so thin, Q management should put their limited resources towards making the original channel a more appealing option for TV shoppers. 

A good start would be a channel that offers more creative and different items. And a channel that becomes so inticing that viewers want to watch and purchase.!

I agree.

Seriously... Who cares how many channels they commandeer if they all sell pretty much the same things...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Oh my... As with the ever-changing program titles, a new name for the same old, uh, stuff... How positively innovative and thrilling... I'm sure I'll be riveted to my seat...

yawn.png

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

@VaBelle35 wrote:

There used to be a Q2 years ago, Clinton Kelly was a host on there.

@VaBelle35  The fashion channel, right?

Maybe that's what they need to do again.  Have one channel focus on, instead of fashion, mattresses, TV's, computers, vacuums, cameras...like that.  You know...the things that bore us on weekends.

Keepin' it real.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Pearlee wrote:

@Lipstickdiva  I actually think you were.  You seem to take pride in being an expert in all things QVC.

Like you are with LOGO?   Woman Wink

You are so ridiculous.  You and I both know why you posted this snarky comment to me.