Esteemed Contributor

Re: QVC Plus Special Announcement

Right that, @Shanus. No bad news at the Q - that's what we have mods for.

Honored Contributor

@wvumountiefan. I think the deal w/ the same products all day is if the Q or the vendor paid to be in the PA area, it wouldn't make sense to have them appear in just 1 segment and fly home. It's like Shawn's Beauty Secrets (excuse me for a second...laugh whenever I see that). Whatever beauty vendor has had a presentation from heel scraping to nail polish to hair growing helmets...in the last 48 hrs. will be on that show. 

Respected Contributor

I am glad that there will be more live programming on QVC 2.  HSN's other channel is called HSN 2, and I know that there is a relationship between the two - Liberty Media.  Amy also mentioned that she would be on QVC 2 on Wednesday's with Jacqui (I assume the model), but not completely sure.  Hopefully, they will bring in new products.  According to Amy, yes they will be bringing in new vendors!  Would love to see the Q of the past with the varied array of products - Tiffany lamps, sweaters, home design, boutique type items, etc.!

Honored Contributor

@corita wrote:

Hardly watch the Q channel now, cannot imagine watching the Q Plus channel!!  Instead of spreading itself so thin, Q management should put their limited resources towards making the original channel a more appealing option for TV shoppers. 

A good start would be a channel that offers more creative and different items. And a channel that becomes so inticing that viewers want to watch and purchase.!

I agree.

Valued Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

QVC is making a self-proclaimed "Special Announcement" regarding QVC Plus --  this Saturday at 10am. 

Any ideas??

They are changing their name to QVC II or QVC 2, not sure how it will be spelt out, also not sure if that is the whole announcement.

Valued Contributor

I just saw this morning that on Saturday, QVC plus will become QVC2 with more live shows and "familiar" hosts.  That's all they said, doesn't sound like it's anything to get excited about...

Honored Contributor

I was on the edge of my seat waiting for that announcement. 

Regular Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@duster95. As my kids used to say, "Big Whoop"!!

LOL! Exactly! They're really trying to build hype about this, though.  I work from home and often have QVC on for background noise.  Seems like every host is making that announcement.  

Respected Contributor

Just more of the same...

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva  I actually think you were.  You seem to take pride in being an expert in all things QVC.