Contributor

QVC Outlet Store In Lancaster

A friend and I are planning on going there next month. I had noticed an older thread where it was mentioned that the store was really a disappointment. I was wondering if anyone here has been there lately? I am hoping things are better there now, we have been looking forward to going there.

Thanks!

Super Contributor

Re: QVC Outlet Store In Lancaster

It's not really great, but the good news is there are a lot of other stores in the complex so you can always go to another store. I guess it depends what you are looking for. There's usually a ton of B Makowsky hand bags, temp-tations and lots of Valerie Parr Hill/other home decore things; usually lots of Christmas. Clothes, but you have to be good at shopping a rack to see the hidden gems. You'll see Dooney & Bourke but the last time I was there it was mostly florentine leather in either brown or black and it's taken a beating. I found over the years that the outlets have gone down hill in their selections. I think that's because in the beginning more of the returned items went directly to outlet; now they are recycled back into the pool to be sold as new. Hence if it hits the outlet it's either too delapidated to sell as new or clearly has flaws. Honestly, some of those hand bags have been hanging there so long they look plain worn out. I go about once a month just to check and I would say I come back with something maybe 2-3 times a year. This year, I have one purchase to date. I picked up a royal palace rug for $50.

Honored Contributor

we were there in October, the store is sort of disappointing but all the Dooneys that day were under about $100 or so. Didn't look at the jewelry. It is in an outlet mall so worth that trip, if you have time take the tour at QVC it is fun. My husband enjoyed it too.

Honored Contributor

I was there in May. We didn't have much time to spend there. I bought a frying pan that was $8, but all Cooks Essentials was 50% off that day so I got it for $4. I would have liked to browse the jewelry but we had to get on the road so I just quickly walked the aisles. It's a pretty big store. There are tons of other outlet stores in that same shopping center and Olive Garden is there also, if you're hungry. We were and it was packed at 1:30.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Esteemed Contributor

I haven't been there in years....but I remember it being such a mess and what a disappointment....there was tons of Marie Osmond dolls...walls and walls of them...the clothing was just piled in a corner...some on hangars...most on the floor or draped over the racks...only briefly looked at jewelry...did buy a service for twelve silverware which I still use today....

We took the tour and that was fun...

Valued Contributor

I live closer to the QVC Frazier outlet store but go to the Rockvale Square outlets many times a yr. where the Lancaster QVC store is located.

It's a fun trip---however you have to remember it is an outlet store so I can be a hit or miss.

As other have stated there are many, many outlet stores in Rockvale Square that makes shopping or browsing worth going.

Contributor

Thanks for your replies. Wow, I guess I was imagining something so much better! The QVC store was the main shopping we wanted to do there since we love QVC so much. I guess it's better to know now and not to expect too much. Maybe we will be lucky and find something anyway. {#emotions_dlg.sad}

Regular Contributor

The last time I was in it had been remodeled so to speak. It is much nicer now that it was , although not sure what you were looking for. A lot of odds and ends and somethings not completely wrapped such as maybe returns etc. it is nice to go and look at some things that maybe you were curious about how they were in person.
Contributor

I've been there recently. It was so much fun before the remodel last year. It was messy but fun to search through the stuff. Now it's organized but somehow less fun. Maybe it's just me. There are a couple outlets in that same area. Check them both out. Watch out for the limited hours on Sundays. Happy Shopping.

Valued Contributor

I went there years ago, but now go to the Myrtle Beach store. It is very neat and tidy, and well-organized. I bought a $300 Waterford bowl for my brother for a wedding gift and paid $95. Have had some good luck with Belleek, jewelry, and kitchen items.

Saving one dog won’t change the world, but it will surely change the world for that one dog
Richard C. Call