Honored Contributor

Re: QVC: On the way UP, OUT, or THE SAME?

IMHO they are on the down slide.  They are not competitive with Amazon, Zappos, etc.  I think they combined with HSN because both are hurting.  I think they usually targeted the 40 and up group.  It seems to be they are trying to get the 20 to 40's now.  Until they wake up and smell the roses, such as coupons, good sales, free shipping and returns they will continue down hill.  I also look for the seasoned hosts to be put out to pasture that is why they hired several younger ladies.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Respected Contributor

For me sadly I think Q is on the way down.  The way they change and alter the web sites without letting us know, the return post charges, they made errors with return labels just yesterday and we find out when we go to the p.o. - again we were not formed you only knew if you checked your a/c that afternoon - too late for some of us.  The general lack of customer service.  I wait 14 days for deliveries by the time I get them I have forgotten what I ordered.  Returns merchandise credits now takes up to two plus weeks then I usually have to phone in to get them.

never used to be like this.

Hosts who think the show is for them to be the star, lack of information on the product but lots and lots of silly chat.

I spend a lot of money on Q as my nearest shops/mall are 2 hrs each way away but thank goodness I am moving to CA where I will not then be relying totally on online shopping.  

All fashions cannot please everyone but basic customer service in my opinion is sliding which is sad as Q has been for a while my 'shop' but not so much now.

Honored Contributor

out

'cuz every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man
Honored Contributor

IMO they’re still trying to do ‘something for everyone’ instead of picking a group and going for it with that group. They’re hedging their bets. As such, they’re never going to really please anyone totally. If they bring in clothes that appeal to one group, another group will hate the clothes. If they stop selling something it will anger one group and please another. If they bring in a new vendor, 50% will love, 50% wll hate. 

Any of us can only look at their offerings through our own specific wants and needs. If they don’t cater to us, we feel they’re going downhill. But they may well be catering well to others with different tastes. They can’t please everyone, it’s impossible.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

Fascinating thread and I appreciate the responses.

To me, having a vendor with every product has made me hardly watch the live shows.  I used to love the morning show WAY back in the day with Pat and Dan just chatting and presenting a lot of unusual things.  I thought it was a great thing to watch getting ready for my day.

I feel like they lost the connection with their audience with always having a vendor.  They sort of left us out then.  Also, they need some more interesting things to throw in the mix, especially the sad and tired kitchen shows.  I used to LOVE to watch those.  Not any more. 

Respected Contributor

My thoughts are that they were inovative when they started but there is so much online shopping now that they are adding some new products/vendors to keep up with a younger more tech driven purchaser.  I love Q.  I buy a lot from the Barefoot Dreams line and for work clothes, the H by Halston.  I love that the items come to me and I have everything shipped to work, for safety.

I have malls near by but like the convenience of not having to go to them.  When I shop my malls it is normally for running gear (Lululemon), Vans and things specific to the speciality store.  I would miss Q if they went away. I like my make-up, Wen and other items I love, coming right to me.

Deb

Trusted Contributor

Downhill all the way.  Most everything they offer you can find elsewhere at a better price.  It takes forever to ship something.  Their sales are a joke--a few bucks off their already inflated prices don't cut it with me and easy pay is not a sale.  Quality of merchandise is not what it once was.  The majority of the new hosts are trainwrecks.  I used to buy a lot now I buy nothing.  

Honored Contributor

For me and for a variety of reasons they've been on their way out for about the past five or so years. At this point, they're pretty much out the door. Along with the non-favorable pricing, shipping and return policies, redundant programming and repetitive products, an unpleasant over-all on-air vibe and the related loss of a familiar, pleasant feeling when watching, the big factor for me is I'm simply no longer much interested in what they're selling. Product mix and diversity have taken a huge hit and the same old song has grown very tedious. 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@steviebwrote:

For me and for a variety of reasons they've been on their way out for about the past five or so years. At this point, they're pretty much out the door. Along with the non-favorable pricing, shipping and return policies, redundant programming and repetitive products, an unpleasant over-all on-air vibe and the related loss of a familiar, pleasant feeling when watching, the big factor for me is I'm simply no longer much interested in what they're selling. Product mix and diversity have taken a huge hit and the same old song has grown very tedious. 

@stevieb  What you say must be true because I used to purchase much more from Q. Now I make the effort to get to the mall to find what I’m looking for, at a better price and no shipping to me and no shipping to return something inferior.

Esteemed Contributor

I think  it is going downhill.