Esteemed Contributor

Re: QVC: On the way UP, OUT, or THE SAME?

I don't watch live.  I don't like the Social Event attitude.  I cannot touch or try on the product.  I want descriptions not the Color of the product or what the host is doing or buying.  

I see something.  I check reviews and if I truly want it  I buy it or something similar on Zulily, Amazon, Walmart or at Costco.  

And my age is not the factor.  I  pride myself as a smart shopper always looking to get t he best value for a good price.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@yolimariawrote:

I agree with mominohio. I'll just briefly comment on one area and that is the entire fashion department which has become one copying from the other. For example, Denim and co. has deteriorated significantly since the new designer took over. There is nothing attractive of most of what they offer, IMO. I still have a closet full of past items from DCo. but have not bought from them since the change over. And that is years. Susan Graver continues to offer her same old liquid knit or her chiffons, Halston items under underwhelming. The only one that remains avante garde is my beloved Linea. Kim G. at least looks interesting to watch and consider.

@yolimaria

Looks like all 3 of us agree.(I agree with MOMINOHIO too).  

I totally agree with you on D&C and when Gary took over. In an effort to update the line, they actually destroyed what was good....hard to find anything but an uneven hem now, the quality of the material has gone downhill and the sizing is way off....I stopped buying because I got tired of throwing away money on the "try me fee"....And basically all of Q's clothing lines look alike save Linea, Bob Mackie......I like classic styles, sometimes with a twist, but I now shop elsewhere for clothes and pay a lot less....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

Hope they continue.  They have survived a lot over the years. I don't shop as much as in the days when the focus here was mainly jewelry. 

Respected Contributor

On the way out.  Very few of the hosts present themselves as professional in how they present items and work with vendors.  They scream, jump up and down and I quit watching for the most part a few years ago.  Mary Beth, Jill, and Leah are very good hosts. 

The expense and length of time for shipping is way out of line with other online retailers.  Sounds like lots of folks have trouble with billing, returns, and especially the Q card.  I personally have not dealt with any worse CS then the Q's  

Contributor

With you on the host changes.  I fast forward through most of the new hosts. I've never had any problem with billing, and I rarely have to return an item.  When I do, it's seamless.  But the new hosts?? Most of them make me nuts.

Valued Contributor

The Q will be "out" if they "mesh" too much with HSN ... for me, the HSN sets are cheesy, the hosts are dull, and the products (that appeal to me) are sub par.  The best thing I ever purchased from HSN were the Huggable Hangers...not clothes or jewelry...which I will still purchase from the Q.

Honored Contributor

It hasn't changed much for me, in the years since I first became a customer, never watched the channel, didn't even know I had it in my channel lineup.

I found it online in about 2006.  

I bought more jewelry in my early years as a customer.  Buy a little bit of everything now.