Super Contributor

QVC NOT MAINTAINING THE QUALITY!

I recently was without wifi for a few days & had to phone in my order.  In the end I hung up out of frustration with the problems.  I entered the info including tel #, but when it got to credit card info it refused to accept my card.  I tried another one but no luck.  Several days later I had to phone in again - same problem!  I waited on the customer service line & the loud racket (music) blasted my deardrums.  When the rep came on & I related my problem she realised the automatic system had connected to my husbands account.  He closed this at least 3 years ago.  So far so good!  So she opened my account & said the problem was my account was suspended & I was not allowed to order until the problem had been resolved!  I explained that TWO YEARS ago I had my credit card compromised while abroad for 4 months, so my easy pays were not being paid.  I had no idea until I got home as nobody had tried reaching me via email.  When I got home I found 22 letters in the mail telling me the problem, even 16 on one day alone!  So I explained, changed credit card, paid up to date and hoped that was the end of that!  No such luck. 
I received a letter from a collection agency asking for the money, called QVC & they resolved this.  So the CS rep found the second account which I knew nothing about, telling me when the account was suspended, they had to open a new account.  I understand, but how about canceling the original one?  So Im afraid this lady had to listen to me vent about a lot of things, inefficiency, horrible loud rock music while on hold, and my general feelings about how QVC has gone downhill - hosts, slow delivery etc etc.  I felt bad for her and apologised, but it never used to be like this.  CS was great, always a person answering the phone, there were some great, authentic hosts, not the loud, shrieking, QVC clones we have now!  Some are vain, some use canned speech, some keep using poses that are obviously taught etc etc.  Bring back Kathy Levine I say!
OK Ive vented, but QVC needs to consider its customers rather than its shareholders! 

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Re: QVC NOT MAINTAINING THE QUALITY!

Sorry, but it sounds like you are having to work wayyyyyyy too hard to be able to give them money! I wouldn't trust them to make sure your ccount is right.

Trusted Contributor

My problem is not as serious as the OP's,  but on Sunday, during ITKWD, I couldn't get my order to process without the shipping charge (it was free S+H during the show).  I went to the online chat, got a representative, and she said she would place the order for me.  She said it was placed, so I terminated the conversation.  Well, the order was NOT placed.  I was lucky the product was still available when I noticed she hadn't done it - I was able to place the order without S+H right before the show ended.  Thanks, CS!

Honored Contributor

@CABRIT   Pa-leeeese. This all goes back to the outdated software and inept tech dept. issues. Many of us have experienced problems here on forums and ordering, getting refunds, shipping issues, etc. Evidently, no one "up there" gives a fig. They don't care if we get frustrated enough to shop elsewhere. 

Respected Contributor

My advice is be your own best advocate, keep on top of everything, and double and triple check!

I , too, had my QVC account sent to collections--because of a TECHNOLOGY ERROR at QVC!  

It is all fixed now, but I had to call/email almost ten times to get everything resolved (read my story in Q Talk--Be Very Afraid).

Your credit rating and your peace of mind are paramount.

Too bad I like so many of the Q vendors and products or I would have been gone a long time ago!

(I used to care more about the hosts but now with Internet shopping it is much less important)