Respected Contributor

Re: QVC Movie! "Holly and the Hot Chocolate"

@Reever 

I don't think David has any small parts....!!!!!!!!

Respected Contributor

I know they're hitchiing Serecdipity overpriced chocolate balls to this sappy "event"...but how about just plain Corn-balls?

In a resealable container of course!!!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Parkenfarker99 

It's streaming on Thanksgiving day, starting at midnight.  You can watch it any time of the day, and for the next several days.  QVC will most likely keep it up on their streaming channel all throughout the Christmas season. 

Respected Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

@Parkenfarker99 

It's streaming on Thanksgiving day, starting at midnight.  You can watch it any time of the day, and for the next several days.  QVC will most likely keep it up on their streaming channel all throughout the Christmas season. 

I hope it repeats after Thanksgiving as I won't be watching on Thanksgiving. I'm hosting and will enjoy spending the day with my family, without the tv on!

Trusted Contributor

This sounds dreadful to me, and a way to sell more (hot chocolate) on QVC.  But I'm not a fan of the Hallmark-type holiday movies.

Respected Contributor

@mnmom wrote:

This sounds dreadful to me, and a way to sell more (hot chocolate) on QVC.  But I'm not a fan of the Hallmark-type holiday movies.

@mnmom  the movie was released because David felt we needed a distraction from all the horrible things happening at the time (it was pitched by David during the height of Covid). I look forward to its release tonight at midnight.

Esteemed Contributor

@Catch71 wrote:

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

@Parkenfarker99 

I hope it repeats after Thanksgiving as I won't be watching on Thanksgiving. I'm hosting and will enjoy spending the day with my family, without the tv on!

@Catch71 

I believe that it will air several times over the next few weeks. I will not be able to watch on Thanksgiving either, will be with the family.  I plan on watching it perhaps sometime over the weekend. 

Contributor

Typical hallmark formula which I personally do not like or watch. Constant violin plucking music throughout which keeps the movie "silly". David is not "starring" in it as Dan Hughes said. DV has literally a minute of time in it, briefly at the beginning and very end. I fast forwarded everything else once I knew it was one of those movies. People that like that formula will love it I'm sure. And when have you ever seen a tow truck driver that looked like THAT!!
Respected Contributor

@foodie105 wrote:
Typical hallmark formula which I personally do not like or watch. Constant violin plucking music throughout which keeps the movie "silly". David is not "starring" in it as Dan Hughes said. DV has literally a minute of time in it, briefly at the beginning and very end. I fast forwarded everything else once I knew it was one of those movies. People that like that formula will love it I'm sure. And when have you ever seen a tow truck driver that looked like THAT!!

my brother in law refused to watch the movie and wants a sportsball game on TV. 

Trusted Contributor

@Reever wrote

my brother in law refused to watch the movie and wants a sportsball game on TV

--------------------

I would remind your brother-in-law that it's your house and your rules.   I know you were really looking forward to watching it.