Honored Contributor

QVC Movie! "Holly and the Hot Chocolate"

[ Edited ]

Holly and the Hot Chocolate

QVC made a Christmas movie, based on an idea David Venable pitched them 4 years ago.  QVC passed on it at that time, but decided recently to make the movie.

QVC hired a production company and wrote a script, hired a crew, actors, etc.  

David plays a small role, just a little dialogue.  It sounds like a kind of Hallmark Christmas movie -- a little comedy, romance, good for kids, etc.

It drops on Thanksgiving day on QVC+.  David partnered with Serendipity to bring  -- David's Magical Hot Chocolate -- to sell on QVC when the movie airs. 

You can check out Steve Doss and David talking about it on QVC Livestream.  It's the recorded video hosted by Steve, with the Backstreet Boys talking about their album.  At about the 22 minute mark, they break to Steve bringing on David to talk about the movie.

Just noticed that @BalletBabe  mentioned this movie in her thread as well Smiley Happy

Super Contributor

Re: QVC Movie! "Holly and the Hot Chocolate"

Thanks for the movie information!  I'd like to watch just for something different.  I do have a question.  What is QVC+?  

Thanks in advance!

Honored Contributor

@Deb665,

I didn't know what or where QVC+ was either. So last night after reading @BalletBabe's post about the Backstreet Boys and the movie, I went searching-

to the main page of QVC I clicked on a few things; finally found"watch" in red, clicked on that, and then found "live stream"-clicked on that and you will see various boxes with pictures. Find the one with the Backstreet Boys and you will see Steve Doss the new host talking about live streaming as a new "fun" way to watch QVC. (How many do they need?!) I remember seeing QVC+ under the video. I had to wait about 4 minutes for it to come on. I guess it runs over and over. Steve has a great personality I thought-first time I'd seen him.

Anyway, then he introduced the Backstreet Boys who explain why they made their first Christmas album, then sing the first song.

There is also a live chat going on with people also realizing that Aaron Carter, Nick's brother in the Backstreet Boys has died, and giving condolences on chat. The group was not in the country and that is why it is on video instead of live with them.

Then David comes on and explains about the movie he thought of that QVC finally decided to produce. He will sell the actual "magical" hot chocolate as the movie airs on that hard to find for we clueless customers😳, myself included, on QVC+  on Thanksgiving Day.

David said the hot chocolate is magical because it is made with love.💖

And that's the news across the nation! And you probably read more than you ever had intended!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

@Deb665 wrote:

Thanks for the movie information!  I'd like to watch just for something different.  I do have a question.  What is QVC+?  

Thanks in advance!

@Deb665  @on the bay  thanks, great information.

If you don't watch QVC via their streaming channel, you can also get to QVC+ by typing 

https://plus.qvc.com/

That will take you directly to QVC+.  

Or, click on "Stream QVC+ for Free" under Watch & Shop on QVC's webpage at the top, right corner. 

Honored Contributor

@Deb665,

Is that your dog in the picture?

He is so cute!!

Can you send him over to me?!!

He must be a sweetheart.❤️

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Super Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper @on the bay  Thank you both!  I poked around some after your replies and found it.  I even think I can find it again!  Thank you again!

Super Contributor

If I get started talking about my sweet little Sissy I don't always know when to stop!  She is a little Shih Tzu that rescued me almost 10 years ago.  She has the sweetest nature of almost any dog I've ever met - unless someone rings the doorbell!  Sissy believes that's the signal that someone is here to kill us and her job is to let me know! lol. I've had no luck breaking her of that habit and decided if that's the worst thing she does I'm pretty lucky!!

You are welcome to come pet her anytime!  She loves new friends!

Respected Contributor

Really looking forward to this movie Thanksgiving. David will present an accompanying product to the movie during his shift but he can't announce it yet. David has a small part in the film. We will watch the movie after dinner with a small gathering of family members.

Honored Contributor

I didn't know whether I would be able to get QVC+, but I spoke it into my Xfinity remote (I have the Xfinity DVR), and it came up.  It shows QVC+/HSN+, and there are quite a few shows/segments that you can click on. 

I'm sure this will be discussed here on Thanksgiving and I'll be able to watch it later.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

@NickNack wrote:

I didn't know whether I would be able to get QVC+, but I spoke it into my Xfinity remote (I have the Xfinity DVR), and it came up.  It shows QVC+/HSN+, and there are quite a few shows/segments that you can click on. 

I'm sure this will be discussed here on Thanksgiving and I'll be able to watch it later.

@NickNack , will you order the hot chocolate designed by David ? Sounds intriguing. Hoping he made one with real sugar instead of corn syrup. He has been on a health kick lately so let's see if he designed a healthier version. I was not aware the product was leaked. Last I heard he said he was not able to announce it yet.