Super Contributor

whose

Honored Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:
  1. The models are not QVC employees, they work for modeling agencies.
  2. They model what QVC stylists tell them to wear.  Unless you follow them on their personal social media pages, there's no way of knowing what their personal fashion style is.

If there is anyone's own fashion line I'd be interested in seeing, it's the Stylists.  Stylists work with designers and have to really learn about what works for different looks.  I bet they have many of their own ideas of how they would do things differently, if given the chance.  So my vote goes to the QVC Stylists getting their own capsule collection to try out. 

Gotta disagree with ya on this one @Caaareful Shopper 

I feel the stylists do a horrible job of fitting the models. 

If they can't dress them properly....I wouldn't be interested in their input on what is stylish.

They are often a hot mess not only wearing the complete wrong size, but giant scarves that don't go and cover the garment being sold, giant belts on the wrong size waistlines,  odd shoe choices etc.

Honored Contributor

Stylists are not designers either. 

Esteemed Contributor

The models actually are hired from an agency, they don't work excllusively for QVC.  One of the former models onvQVC owns it.

Honored Contributor

I know stylists aren't necessarily designers.  Neither are the hosts, but I don't at all mind seeing what they can do with their own ideas, based on how I see specific hosts dress on their social media pages. 

When Studio Park was introduced, there were a few host names mentioned in the launch video.  After Courtney, there are supposed to be collections by Leah, Jayne Brown, and Shawn (and others I think). 

Leah and Shawn are not designers, either, but I'm looking forward to the input they made into the designs that will be launched in their respective collections as well.  I like Leah's classic style, but I also like a lot of Shawn's eclectic style.  From what they show, it should be interesting. 

Say what you want about Lori Goldstein, but she was a stylist for decades before she started her own hand at designing.  You may hate or love her clothes, but she has made millions on her own designs at QVC.  She has a very loyal customer following of her designs.  

I still feel, if there are people who most exposed to fashion at QVC, it's the stylists.

Occasional Contributor
Oh no Katrina is leaving? She is like 1 of the best hosts and i wish some of the other hosts would act like she does.
Honored Contributor

I think QVC should focus on designers with talent in fashion design.  I see hosts, models, and celebritys as gimmicks...anything to increase sales except good design.  

Based on research, though, those gimmicks do work. 

Contributor

I was not a big fan of Katrina's at first. Then I really got to like her. She knew what clothes  to put together and very good at what she did. I think it was a mistake letting her go.

I wonder why she left..