Honored Contributor

Re: QVC IS SELLING "DRONES"

[ Edited ]

The problems I have are..... people who don't know how to properly use them, and they hit people and objects. Also, privacy issues. Yes, drone footage is neat.

Occasional Contributor

Re: QVC IS SELLING "DRONES"

[ Edited ]

Just to clear things up, the current rule is that you have to contact the tower if you are flying the drone within five miles of the airport. It is not a total ban on flying drones within five miles of an airport. It's an issue of getting permission first so that the airport knows what it is dealing with.

Anyway, drones are great fun, and I can't recommend them enough.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

JMHO, while I can see the advantage of using drones under proper  consideration and for postive use, I don't see them as "toys" or the ability to spy on your neighbors.  Sorry.

Denise
Honored Contributor

Just don't let me find one with a camera aimed in my window or at whatever I happen to be doing outside.   Play all you want, just keep the cameras away from me and mine.

Trusted Contributor

They claim when you buy  a drone you're supposed to report it to the proper authorities. How many people are really going to do that?  Most of the drones that are selling today are cheapies they going to be breaking sooner than later.  Well I guess now there is more privacy lost you got a drone flying over your house with a camera. Some people use the drones just for fun which is great in a field away from homes and airports.

Respected Contributor

I imagine they will be gifted a lot this Christmas.  I think kids and especially men enjoy this sort of thing as well as remote control cars.  There are some laws and regulations in place regarding their use and these will probably be changing in the months and years ahead as the use of drones evolves.  Remember Amazon wanted to deliver products in drones?  Can you imagine a drone landing in your front yard with your order?  Funny!

I saw a drone at a wedding.  It looked weird.

Frequent Contributor

I'd like to have a Drone to play with but I'd like to be able to see the view in real time on my iPhone or iPad and have a good battery life but those cost too much money and I'm not willing to pay it cause more than likely I'd get it hung up in a tree. Some of the cheaper drones have just seven minutes of battery life, can't go too high up in the air and are too lightweight for even a small amount of wind. 

~ It's a good day when I didn't have to unleash the flying monkeys! ~
Honored Contributor

@missy1 wrote:

The problems I have are..... people who don't know how to properly use them, and they hit people and objects. Also, privacy issues. Yes, drone footage is neat.

i agree 100% regarding these problems, but I still think the technology is fascinating .... 

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*