New Contributor

Re: QVC Hosts, Now vs. 10+ Years Ago

So true that the focus is on the hosts.  Today I was watching Kirsten and Alberti.  They kept talking over each other.  Kirsten would not stop moving demonstrating floor mopping booties.  She kept doing jumping jacks, etc.  It was so distracting.  Sell the product and stop trying to bring attention to the host with hyper behavior.  It looks so bad for QVC to allow their hosts to act like this.

New Contributor

Hosts hyper behavior....unwatchable and laughable.

So true that the focus is on the hosts.  Today I was watching Kirsten and Alberti.  They kept talking over each other.  Kirsten would not stop moving demonstrating floor mopping booties.  She kept doing jumping jacks, etc.  It was so distracting.  Sell the product and stop trying to bring attention to the host with hyper behavior.  It looks so bad for QVC to allow their hosts to act like this.

Honored Contributor

@CalminHeart wrote:

I don't watch to be entertained as it's defined by the CEO in quarterly financial and other reports.

Hosts are salespeople who just happen to be on tv. They are doing exactly what the company asks them to do. I don't become attached to them or get upset when they leave.

There is enough cr** in the world and I don't turn to a shopping channel for childish behavior, personal stories, mania, antics, chit chat, inside jokes, uncompetitive pricing, etc...with a little product info thrown in for kicks.

@CalminHeart 

Exactly.  I keep saying that QVC is missing out on its greatest advantage over other retailers:  their ability to describe the product for the customer, oftentimes by the very inventor of the product.  

But instead we get everything but product descriptions.  

I was interested in the Big Deal pillows and all I got was two hosts and one vendor talking over each other and no one ever explained the difference between the two fills.  I had watched a previous presentation of a pair of jeans that never showed the back of the pants, a close up shot of the material, or explanation of whether the waist was a true button closure.  Instead the whole time was spent oohing and aahing over how cool the patches and holes made them look.

It really boggles my mind that TPTB can't see their very actions are causing even more troubles for an already problematic company.🤷‍♀️

Trusted Contributor

Wasn’t that “50 and Fabulous” show supposed to come back on a monthly basis? That’s what somebody posted a while back. That was one colossal train wreck. Maybe cooler heads prevailed
Contributor

Unfortunately, what was worse on the Q was Alberty showing the Kim Gravel swimsuit and holding it by the cups.  My wife was offended and  I can see why. He was too effusive about the suit , more so than Kirsten was. about it. I get it about being peppy about selling product, but it gotten to the hyper stage and not so much about selling the product-which is their primary focus. They should take the lead from the Leah, Jayne B, Pat, Vanessa, etc. 

Esteemed Contributor

Leah needs a haircut very badly .. her hair is not flattering.. makes her look so messy 👎👎
Respected Contributor

The hosts have completely changed, in my opinion. They talk too much about their personal lives, dress poorly and are too loud for me. I have just about stopped watching. I do shop from my computer. 

I really miss the old QVC. 

Trusted Contributor

I actually took a look at the current hosts on QVC's page.  There are currently 25.  I can only watch 10 of them.

Trusted Contributor

@January121 wrote:
Leah needs a haircut very badly .. her hair is not flattering.. makes her look so messy 👎👎

Maybe you should post to her FB account and let her know.

“The fear of becoming old is born of the recognition that one is not living now the life that one wishes. It is equivalent to a sense of abusing the present.” Susan Sontag
Respected Contributor

10+ years there were more gold jewelry shows. Now, barely nothing. Now I check out ShopHq, Ross Simon and Sarraf Jewelers on line.