Super Contributor

Re: QVC Hosts, Now vs. 10+ Years Ago

[ Edited ]

@Carmie   I still Watch QVC, especially in the morning when I am just relaxing.  However, when I leave the house, my dogs rest on the sofa so I leave QVC channel on for background noise.  No killings, no attacking one another, no judgement.  They do get excited when SG comes on with her dog though!

Honored Contributor

@Reilley  I used to leave the dog channel on for my dogs...they will watch it, but when we leave, they sleep.  So, I don't turn on the TV anymore for them.

Your dog story is funny.  Don't you just love pets?  They're all so unique and different, but adorable.  I love your avatar....so cute.

Occasional Contributor

They were let go. 

Super Contributor

I have been watching and ordering since the early days of the Q and everyone had different personality. They use to complain about Dan Wheeler dancing, Kathy sense of humor, Jane T ears, Bob demeanor about his cooking shows, they even had something to say about Dan Hughes being color blind and I can mention a lot of things. To me I think some of us as we grow old don't want to accept change and we say things not realizing that we are not the same as we were 10 years ago. I started to pass this topic up but you know it is interesting to see how some of us  have an obsession with the character of the host on the Q. I fine on most of the shopping channel most of their host act the same way. If the Q go off the air today or tomorrow some will still complain it  is the law of nature.

Honored Contributor

The merchandise just isn't the same or the novelty has worn off.

I enjoyed watching the Fenton glass gentlemen, Christopher Radko ornaments and Gabriella T sweaters, among many other shows.  The jewelry shows were usually tempting.  It's just not the same.  

Honored Contributor

@Group 5 minus 1 ...............someone wants to stir the pot.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

@tansy wrote:

The merchandise just isn't the same or the novelty has worn off.

I enjoyed watching the Fenton glass gentlemen, Christopher Radko ornaments and Gabriella T sweaters, among many other shows.  The jewelry shows were usually tempting.  It's just not the same.  

Of course not the same types of merchandise.  Those home decorating, collectibles, way too conservative clothing and Cutsy sweaters as well as jewelry are no longer money makers as that generation is mostly gone now!  Not too many live that far in the past anymore as change is constantly happening!  Had QVC stayed the same - well good chance they would not still be around!

Esteemed Contributor

Job descriptions are 100% different today than they were 10+ years ago. It's actually like two "different" jobs. 

What is disturbing today's job gives no consideration to what I consider probably the most important qualification: the VOICE. A job seeker who does not have the right voice, should be rejected immediately. If the voice is not right, the host is annoying and no one wants to watch and listen. 

You would think that would be simple, but obviously not....

Respected Contributor

I buy less non-essential items now then I did ten years ago for three reasons:

1. I am retired and don't need as much 

2. I really think before I make a purchase due to a more difficult economy and higher prices. 

3. I try to follow the one in=one out lifestyle.

Honored Contributor

I don't watch to be entertained as it's defined by the CEO in quarterly financial and other reports.

Hosts are salespeople who just happen to be on tv. They are doing exactly what the company asks them to do. I don't become attached to them or get upset when they leave.

There is enough cr** in the world and I don't turn to a shopping channel for childish behavior, personal stories, mania, antics, chit chat, inside jokes, uncompetitive pricing, etc...with a little product info thrown in for kicks.