Respected Contributor

Re: QVC Helping You Check Names Off Xmas List?

I'm seeing this post as I they are presenting M55064, set of Fidget Spinners.  OMG.  Seriously?  These were recently rated a bust. Don't think QVC will do it this season for me.  Good grief.   

Esteemed Contributor

I have to update my previous post.   I have purchased ONE Christmas gift from the Q.  I got yesterday's TSV ..  NFL Reversible Hoodie and Jacket in Team Colors (Minnesota Vikings).  It is for a family member.  I had no idea what to get him .. but he likes football and the Minnesota Vikings ... so I ordered it.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I guess I'm just rather flummoxed at seeing (on-line, because I gave up trying to watch) the same array of uninspired offerings yet again this year that we've been seeing for the better part of the past decade. Some of the incarnations of this stuff might be 'new' but the drift remains the same. It speaks volumes that QVC's financial reports over the past several years have hardly been glowing, including the last holiday season's, and yet here we are, a year later, and nothing has really changed. A few more Easy Pays and a couple of shipping deals, but the same largely non-competitive prices, the same unpredictable shipping, the same hosts making cray-cray over repetitive and tedious merchandise, the same stale array of non-festive 'gifts', the same 'specials' that really aren't that special, the same largely non-existent deals, sales and 'clearance' pricing, and the same meager array of 'Black Friday' offerings. I used to wonder what it would take, (aside from fresh leadership, which obviously is never going to happen, no matter how desperately it might be needed), to get this bunch to budge off their antiquated rock but now it's clear, nothing will.

@Spurt I'm tagging you because we've had this conversation now for years and so I know you will 'appreciate' the reality that it definitely is true... the more things change, the more they stay the same.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

I guess I'm just rather flummoxed at seeing (on-line, because I gave up trying to watch) the same array of uninspired offerings yet again this year that we've been seeing for the better part of the past decade. Some of the incarnations of this stuff might be 'new' but the drift remains the same. It speaks volumes that QVC's financial reports over the past several years have hardly been glowing, including the last holiday season's, and yet here we are, a year later, and nothing has really changed. A few more Easy Pays and a couple of shipping deals, but the same largely non-competitive prices, the same unpredictable shipping, the same hosts making cray-cray over repetitive and tedious merchandise, the same stale array of non-festive 'gifts', the same 'specials' that really aren't that special, the same largely non-existent deals, sales and 'clearance' pricing, and the same meager array of 'Black Friday' offerings. I used to wonder what it would take, (aside from fresh leadership, which obviously is never going to happen, no matter how desperately it might be needed), to get this bunch to budge off their antiquated rock but now it's clear, nothing will.

@Spurt I'm tagging you because we've had this conversation now for years and so I know you will 'appreciate' the reality that it definitely is true... the more things change, the more they stay the same.

@stevieb

So true STEVIE and you said it so well......the only change is I noticed the majority of the TSV's are the big ticket items so if they dont see that many they will still have some revenue coming in...To quote the Four Tops, "Its The Same Ole Song"...

They must have bought MILLIONS of those Halo Chargers....they cant seem to get rid of them....every time I flip channels and the Q comes there they are.....as well as the flashlights...outdated electronics....and the endless lounge wear...Andybody, Cuddl Duds, The Peace, World, Love brand......ZZZZZZZZZZZ  But ya know havent seen dare I say it....better whisper it.....the infamous Flashpad....but maybe I missed it, dont watch much anymore except for a couple brands I still purchase from the Q...............

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Spurt I know... it's pitiful... I've been looking at the really dreadful 'items in this show' lists for the past few days and was just floored with how lousy... and yet predictable... it all was: chargers and electrical plugs and windshield covers and the ever-present bathroom de-stinkifier, the sugar coated apples and the usual array of socks, pajamas, blankets, snow shovels, tools, Lori Grenier's 'magical creations', ladders, light strings,... the same rotten 'generic' gift shows... and on and on and on... And, I see for the past couple of days they're really pushing beauty and electronics... an unlikely combination... It's so lame...Sheesh, is it any wonder they didn't make the cut this year for MY list of favorite things... 

Woman Surprised

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

@Spurt

Sush....Don't mention that  (*****pad).

Honored Contributor

@icezeus wrote:

@Spurt

Sush....Don't mention that  (*****pad).

@icezeus

Woman LOL Woman Wink

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”