Esteemed Contributor

Re: QVC Helping You Check Names Off Xmas List?

"QVC Helping You Check Names Off Xmas List?" 

Only if that name is my own. I seem to be on a buying spree lately! I missed out on a few TSVs I wanted by waiting too late in the day but still managed to get some things I really like. 

Image result for jim carrey somebody stop me gif

It's time to start concentrating on gifts now. 'Tis the season and all! 

Esteemed Contributor

no, not this year, actually not for the past couple of years. We've scaled back our gift giving quite a bit anyway and I prefer to buy locally these days.

Not enough "something different" that I can't find elsewhere and usually for less w/o shipping.

Honored Contributor

No QVC purchases for gifts for me either. 

Among other places, the gifts we’re giving this year so far have come from Talbots, Amazon, eBay (a few new with tags items), Chavez for Charity (bracelets), etsy and a local gift shop. Oh...and Bath and Body Works. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Trusted Contributor

I'm a little surprised with all the comments stating that you do not shop and/or buy gifts from QVC.

I had always thought those on the boards were active QVC customers.  Guess I was wrong.

Respected Contributor

QVC NO!  Amazon YES!  Brick & mortar YES!

Honored Contributor

I've only purchased 1 gift so far and that is for my DH.  What I bought him is something that QVC carries.  However, I was able to get it from Target for $73.00. 

The QVC price for that item is $119.99 plus $18.47 s/h charge for a grand total of $138.46,  I saved over $65.00 buying it at Target.

There is one item I wanted to get for my SIL and QVC does have the best price on it.  However, it sold out during x-mas in July and has never come back on stock so I'm moving on. 

Valued Contributor

Yes! I recently ordered Marc Fisher suede boots, a new mattress, pair of cuddle duds leggings, and Philosophy Christmas souffles...and all are for me! Don't judge...LOL! However, I did buy a pair of Alegria ankle boots for my sister since she wears this brand.
Honored Contributor

QVC is always a part of my holiday shopping.  I've ordered some things in sets that can be broken up to get used as stocking stuffers 

I've always shopped many different online stores as well as local stores, for my holiday shopping.  Nothing has changed this year, except that my local Hallmark store is no more.  Shopped their site online, today. 

Honored Contributor

Nope....no one wants anything the Q is presenting....they dont want need poo pourri, vacuums, mixers, no electronics, they dont like the clothes, dont need copper pans, and dont like Temp-tations.....and prefer their own beauty brands from Dept stores that QVC doesnt offer..........

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Super Contributor

@BunSnoop wrote:

I'm a little surprised with all the comments stating that you do not shop and/or buy gifts from QVC.

I had always thought those on the boards were active QVC customers.  Guess I was wrong.

@BunSnoop I am an active shopper here, you are not alone lol

QVC has helped me quite a bit and I appreciate the ease of shopping and the off hours I can do it in. Long time fan of the Q.

Smiley Happy

Never mistake kindness for weakness