Respected Contributor

Re: QVC Has Hired 5 New Hosts

@Snoopp wrote:

If they want to attract a younger viewer, they have to update the merchandise.  

True! It's the same old same old all the time.

Younger viewers use Amazon for everything because they can get everything in a few days at great prices. What a concept!!

My question is why new hosts when they don't use the ones they have?? Plus they have quite a bit already.

Esteemed Contributor

@Melania wrote:

@Snoopp wrote:

If they want to attract a younger viewer, they have to update the merchandise.  

True! It's the same old same old all the time.

Younger viewers use Amazon for everything because they can get everything in a few days at great prices. What a concept!!

My question is why new hosts when they don't use the ones they have?? Plus they have quite a bit already.

More hosts because there are now have three channels.  Also, hosts won't have do double duty if someone is out and QVC2 can live 24/7.

Esteemed Contributor

...so many new hosts; so few new products.

Frequent Contributor

I am glad new hostess were hired, but does the Q ever hire within like some of the company brand reps, because here are a few I would like to see as hosts. Linda from Northern nights, gal that reps Oranny, gal from vera bradley, the gal from marc Fischer.

Esteemed Contributor

Got to see a couple of the new hosts the last couple days...they seem like nice people.......BUT again...tiny, petite ...size 2 or 4....and very attractive looking.............

Where are the everyday type women working at QVC............love Antonella, Carolyn, Jane T, etc....QVC

seems to be going younger and smaller all the way.......

Everyone seems to be a XXS and with modeling QVC's clothing lines all the time it is obvious they want smaller hosts to model their clothing....................

It is sad they used to have the 1X models working (the highest size they went) at QVC.....obviousy they have

lost their jobs.............largest is now XL which is my size

and between reg and plus sizes............i want to see 1X models or larger........it is obvious that QVC who tells us

their clothing LOOKS GOOD ON ALL SIZES doesn't truly believe that because they are afraid to show the REAL

plus side models showing them.......................sad....

Valued Contributor

This morning I saw what I had originally decided was one of my favorite hosts.WHAT HAPPENED?? I liked her so much when she started with QVC...Now instead of a calm soothing,enjoyable demeaner,she was talking...loud,fast, and I did what I always do I turned off QVC. I am refering to Katie.What has gone wrong,to change her from being such a delight,to my need to turn her off.I do not understand,what happened to change her!!!There is no need to talk loud and fast,its not enjoyable,and iinstead of wanting to purchase something,it has the opposite effect for me!!

Honored Contributor

@mosky wrote:

This morning I saw what I had originally decided was one of my favorite hosts.WHAT HAPPENED?? I liked her so much when she started with QVC...Now instead of a calm soothing,enjoyable demeaner,she was talking...loud,fast, and I did what I always do I turned off QVC. I am refering to Katie.What has gone wrong,to change her from being such a delight,to my need to turn her off.I do not understand,what happened to change her!!!There is no need to talk loud and fast,its not enjoyable,and iinstead of wanting to purchase something,it has the opposite effect for me!!

I guess we definitely see things differently.  I'm up very early every morning and see Katie quite a lot.  To me she is nothing like the way you described.  She is professional, calm, lovely sense of humor, and always on point with product information. Not once have I ever seen her too loud or fast. 

Contributor

Does anyone know why Jackie has left the show.  I think that she was one of the most genuine hosts on QVC, Mary Beth also is very professional in her interactions with the vendors.  I agree that some of the other hosts and vendors are too wired up at times.

QVC i feel needs to deal with some issues such as all the return fees and some of  their lines that are getting way overpriced.; really in this new line of shoes Mephisto for example. I am getting tired of QVC's quality control ...some things are not followed up on

Esteemed Contributor

LipstickDiva wrote:

hyacinth003 wrote:

HSN has hired 2 new hosts.  I came across this last night.  Skip from Perlier said it, then made them come on the set.

Hyacinth

HSN goes through hosts like I change my....well you get the picture.

They've had hosts no one even knew were hosts because they came and went so quickly.  LOL  They've also introduced hosts in training who have never been seen again.

Most recently they hired Valerie Stup and another blonde woman named Tracy.  Valerie is still there but Tracy seems to be long gone.   

Not that this ha anything to do with hiring two new hosts, but HSN has two pregnant hosts (Carrie and Tamara).  Maybe the ladies will be off air long enough to justify having two new hosts getting their feet wet.  In agreement with @Lipstickdiva,  HSN does rotate the hosts frequently.  They bring 'em in and shuffle 'em out.  

Honored Contributor

@Trix wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@hyacinth003 wrote:

HSN has hired 2 new hosts.  I came across this last night.  Skip from Perlier said it, then made them come on the set.

Hyacinth

HSN goes through hosts like I change my....well you get the picture.

They've had hosts no one even knew were hosts because they came and went so quickly.  LOL  They've also introduced hosts in training who have never been seen again.

Most recently they hired Valerie Stup and another blonde woman named Tracy.  Valerie is still there but Tracy seems to be long gone.   

Not that this ha anything to do with hiring two new hosts, but HSN has two pregnant hosts (Carrie and Tamara).  Maybe the ladies will be off air long enough to justify having two new hosts getting their feet wet.  In agreement with @Lipstickdiva,  HSN does rotate the hosts frequently.  They bring 'em in and shuffle 'em out.  

@Trix, Tamara has been out for about a week now on maternity leave. She said she'll be back in a couple of months.  Carrie is due in August but not sure when or how long she'll be out.  Smiley Happy