Honored Contributor

Re: QVC Has Hired 5 New Hosts

[ Edited ]

Here are the hosts from MB's FB page.  From left to right they are Cathy, Courtney, Alex, Mary and Cristine.

Image may contain: 5 people, people smiling, people standing, shoes and indoor

Esteemed Contributor

@12andcounting wrote:

I just hope these new hosts aren't the same types they've been hiring for the most part  -- you know, the ones who are SOOO full of themselves, the ones who think they are just so darn cute, the ones who think everything is about them (and therefore, do everything they can to draw ALL the attention to themselves).  There are now more hosts that I can't stand to watch than there are hosts I enjoy watching.

Oh I so agree with you, but I have to say that there is one host that I could never watch, and so wish she would retire. 

Esteemed Contributor

I love it when they try to get excited over an item that they have not a clue what it really is.  Same with the Vendors, Bob, Linea, Anne Klein?????

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

@DaysdeeOh, my!!  I had no idea Jacque Gonzales left!!  Ever since Lisa R. left, I have not been watching very much; although I like the other hosts.  I tune in from time to time to see the latest products; but I am not into home shopping networks anymore because of the cost of returning items.  I have not ordered anything since December 2016.  

Regular Contributor

I agree with all that you said.  I rarely shop at the Q any longer.  Fashions need totally updated.  LOGO is awful and overpriced.  New blood would be a welcome change

Occasional Contributor

For me it's always been tuning in to see what is new to make my life easier or better in some way.  I appreciate the unique, creative items that may not be found in my retail stores.  I am NOT interested in making a host a star or relavant.  They, the host, are hired to sell an item, not become a "here's the one and only"...... !  I am not trying to take anything away from any host, just saying it's not my intention to make one host more popualar than another.  Yet, I hear it all the time about how special the hosts are for the viewer.  No doubt the host is a special companion for those living along and feeling lonely.  Whatever!  Just do what you're original idea was in the beginnin.... Sell and get over yourselves.  THANK YOU!

QVC Customer Care

Super Contributor

They are in need of new hosts. Some of the hosts seem to work three days and off 3 weeks. I don't know if it's in their new contract or what, but that sure is nice. I never rember, back in the day, hosts having so much time off! Doesn't sound like a bad job to me, wish I was younger. I would go for it.
Esteemed Contributor

I saw one of our news hosts on Quacker Factory. Mary Beth was the host and she let her come in with Angel w/o her for about ten minutes..

I was so surprised. For the first few minutes I thought it was Mary from In the Kitchen. In fact, her name is Mary also. Her hair is blond and same length, and about as tall. She did fine for her first time. Not nervous at all. And she took an incoming call. The caller was nice enough to give her a nice compliment. It's hard to tell, but she isn't a youngster and with her confidence seemed very professional.

Contributor

@febe1 wrote:

@bettyboop85 wrote:

I applied to be a host, never got a call! Man Sad

Did you sing, dance or do drama?

I do, actually! LOL I was a Theatre major in college, currently living in NYC and working for Broadway.com. No tv experience though!