Contributor

Re: QVC Has Hired 5 New Hosts

Maybe the hosts that left have seen the writing on the wall...Like do you really have to do a hour show on a Vitamix or fill in the blanks (.....)every week, or every 3 days???? Wish the ones who left and the new hosts all the luck in the world! BUT another point, come on QVC, 10-13 days for a order when it's only traveling 200 miles from door to door???

Honored Contributor

@Meryl wrote:

OMG, Albany left too? Didn't she just get there? What's going on? 

Both Jacque and Albany were at QVC one day, did their shift and then there was a short blog post by them immediately afterwards saying they were no longer with QVC.  No one knows what happened.

Albany was with QVC over 7 years.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@Meryl wrote:

OMG, Albany left too? Didn't she just get there? What's going on? 

Both Jacque and Albany were at QVC one day, did their shift and then there was a short blog post by them immediately afterwards saying they were no longer with QVC.  No one knows what happened.

Albany was with QVC over 7 years.  

I just Googled Albany's name and came across a blog that suggests why she left.  Said it had to do with a top exec and another host.  If that's not true, she should see what she can do to have it taken down.

Trusted Contributor

I'm so glad I came here as this was driving me crazy wondering 'why so many new people which look like hosts on audition's?'.

Well I think I cam to the right spot!! Are they all audtioning? or just some still awaiting for the approval. I have no idea would love to know if anyone is new here for good at present.

I had no idea that Jackie left? I handn't seen her in a while...just now and then. Now I know. Wow how odd they just up and go as I read.

I thought she did dayshift maybe. I'm a late night watcher or evening while on my laptop.. it's on..and watch a lot and enjoy much. I'm a young 60 year old no old lady here lol and enjoy many neat new products I can;t see anywhere else or would not even be elsewhere as I do look online a lot. Glad it keeps me out of stores since I'd spend too much!

But for clothes no way. I'm hard to fit being short and smaller.

Only now and then hit or miss as are shoes.

I wonder who else will be leaving Q. I don't like change. I don't even see Sandra as much? and miss FNB with her which seems now it's on the beauty IQ channel. Looks IMHO like they are hiring more people, which equal less hours - many people no benefit's, but many people do not need the benefit's and can use working for Q on their resume! who wouldn't.

ALL I can think of is the above in my experience with nursing facilities where I was a nurse, they'd sometimes just on many take part timers - and prn nurses so they wouldn't have to pay their benefit's and such. This is all I can think of!

My son went to Heaven 4/15/2018
I love and miss him so very much. God Bless you my dear Nicky
Honored Contributor

@mimi5775 wrote:

I'm so glad I came here as this was driving me crazy wondering 'why so many new people which look like hosts on audition's?'.

Well I think I cam to the right spot!! Are they all audtioning? or just some still awaiting for the approval. I have no idea would love to know if anyone is new here for good at present.

I had no idea that Jackie left? I handn't seen her in a while...just now and then. Now I know. Wow how odd they just up and go as I read.

I thought she did dayshift maybe. I'm a late night watcher or evening while on my laptop.. it's on..and watch a lot and enjoy much. I'm a young 60 year old no old lady here lol and enjoy many neat new products I can;t see anywhere else or would not even be elsewhere as I do look online a lot. Glad it keeps me out of stores since I'd spend too much!

I wonder who else will be leaving Q. I don't like change. I don't even see Sandra as much? and miss FNB with her which seems now it's on the beauty IQ channel. Looks IMHO like they are hiring more people, which equal less hours - many people no benefit's, but many people do not need the benefit's and can use working for Q on their resume! who wouldn't.

ALL I can think of is the above in my experience with nursing facilities where I was a nurse, they'd sometimes just on many take part timers - and prn nurses so they wouldn't have to pay their benefit's and such. This is all I can think of!

@mimi5775. Yes, the new hosts are here permanently. They have been in training quite awhile and are now starting to host. They have to man three different channels now so they needed extra people. I don't know anything about less hours, benefits etc. However, I wouldn't think so. 

BTW, I see Sandra quite often.

Trusted Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@mimi5775 wrote:

@mimi5775. Yes, the new hosts are here permanently. They have been in training quite awhile and are now starting to host. They have to man three different channels now so they needed extra people. I don't know anything about less hours, benefits etc. However, I wouldn't think so. 

BTW, I see Sandra quite often.

Thanks! I was baffled by so new people and watch a lot but a bit less this month. I'm watching the pretty blonde with Bob Mackie right now..she just said her name too fast! (it's on just to keep me company) she is the one with a very slight Southern accent, very sweet voiced and just fell into the job SO confidently and calmly well as compared to many others that were new years ago and still here. I saw the others grow into the position and change and grow into this position - it was nice to see. I think these channels are a bit much for me. I do enjoy Beauty IQ but too many reruns ugh and miss FNB! on regular QVC.

So I think you are right, it's spreading everyone around the many new Q channels. I never ever watch Q2! it's not on tv no watch for me!

I bet many who had a show or routine more then others dislike moving all over the place. Wonder if Swahn will be back in full force soon? she went off as I read for baby time. I had no idea! She was like the main gal prime time. Aways wondering now what's next. Too much change (for me)

My son went to Heaven 4/15/2018
I love and miss him so very much. God Bless you my dear Nicky

I don't

Valued Contributor

I recently saw Sandra Bennett host show for the first time, I think it was the Northern Nights TSV at midnight show.  Anyhow, I have never seen her before and I thought she was great to watch.  Very easy going smooth delivery without all the over the top screeching and hype.  I wish she were on more items that I like watching, like the kitchen stuff.

Esteemed Contributor

Would love to know who mentored Mary Nelson and Courtney K. Both are on their way to being very good hosts and already better than some already there a long while.