Respected Contributor

Re: QVC Has Hired 5 New Hosts

I'm sure these shopping channels know who their customer base is.  From my personal observation, young people barely watch tv, much less tune into a shopping channel.  Any shopping they would do might be because QVC showed up in one of their online comparisons.  Nothing wrong with that.  I shop that way a lot as well.  I do not fall for free shipping or other sales gimmicks.  Just give me the bottom line! 

Honored Contributor

I really hope the higherups when hiring, paid attention to the new hosts voices. That's why I turn off the Q or put certain hosts on mute with non pleasant sounding voices. A host that just left was well-prepared, but their voice was nails on a chalkboard.

New Contributor

Why did Jackie leave!

Esteemed Contributor

I've seen both Mary and Courtney: I was impressed with their professionalism.

Wait Jacque left?! I do NOT like whoever the new one is that has the dark hair late night that did it cosmetics tonight 7/8.. Just not a fan... And the blonde that was helping the other day.. I don't know if I'm being picky because I love the regulars but no. Just. NO
Regular Contributor

shawn is never there alwasy vacationing and now with new baby . I bet she quits too...

Valued Contributor

For some reason lately some of the hosts who used to get on my nerves have seemed more toned down and tolerable. Mainly talking about Amy with that comment, but there seems to be a focus on presenting the product when there are new people in the mix even if they aren't on stage with whoever is hosting at the moment. Sometimes though, I don't know who is the host and who is the guest. 

Esteemed Contributor

I saw Courtney K. doing her first show by herself this pm. I was really impressed with her. She had her card; she had all the needed information; lovely speaking voice; no roaring laughter or giggles, singing or dancing, extremely pleasant and professional. She obviously has a lot of experience or personnel is looking for quality.

PS - she was dressed beautifully and appropriately (musn't have felt it necessary to half dress). IMO, surpasses Courtney C., Kerstin, Jennifer from the get go.

New Contributor

Where did Jacques Gonzales go? I thought I hadn't seen her lately. 

New Contributor

OMG, Albany left too? Didn't she just get there? What's going on?