Contributor

Re: QVC Has Hired 5 New Hosts

.....don't both asking because they won't answer and they also delete anyone's questioning.

Respected Contributor

I think they need new hosts to try and make all the same old brands and products seem fresh.   But really would be nice to see some new brands and not see the same TSV's over and over. 

Honored Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

@SunValley wrote:

I pity the hosts, any of them, who get the callers that either will only give one-word answers or don't have a filter and give all the TMI details. Both are painful.

Agreed @SunValley.  Also, the ones who start off by saying, "I want to tell you a story..."  It becomes the most painfully long, boring, loss of consciousness story of the day.

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

@SunValley wrote:

I pity the hosts, any of them, who get the callers that either will only give one-word answers or don't have a filter and give all the TMI details. Both are painful.

Agreed @SunValley.  Also, the ones who start off by saying, "I want to tell you a story..."  It becomes the most painfully long, boring, loss of consciousness story of the day.

Some lately have been awful.   They go on and on about things other than the product they are calling about. 

Honored Contributor

@febe1 wrote:

Young, old, or middle aged, nobody wants to watch l2 vendors repeated on three channels ad infinitum. There's your problem in a nutshell. If you want people to watch and buy, SHOW LOTS OF GOOD PRODUCTS AT GOOD PRICES.

Nobody I know watches or buys anything from the Q, Q2 or the Beauty channel.

If they want to be bored, they can watch water dripping.  

Good points.  Mary does a good job on her kitchen show, but seems to be mostly the same items and vendors as ITKWD.  That is too much of the same thing for me as it is and I love kitchen shows.

Honored Contributor

@sabra wrote:

@Kindaglitzy wrote:
Wonder if any men applied to be a host. Seems odd five new women and not one man. MaryBeth said on the Diamonique Show that we would start seeing them on air in July. I'd be interested to know a little about their work background.

I'm not surprised they didn't hire any men.  There are so few shows for the men to do.  If you think about it we rarely see Dan Wheeler.  Dan Hughes gets a fair amount of shows but nothing like the women do.  That leaves Rick and David.  Rick pretty much does electronic and jewelry shows and David of course does the cooking shows.  There just aren't enough non-beauty, clothing, jewelry, etc. shows to justify hiring any men which is kind of a shame.

I think they could use more men and Alberti should have stayed on the main QVC as he did a variety of shows from the beginning.  I think another man or two could do  the summer outdoor item shows, Bethelem lights, tools, technology, mattresses, etc.   Rick still does jewelry too and years ago I remember David  and maybe Dan Wheeler doing jewelry shows.   

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because lit contains personal information on a host

Occasional Contributor

In case anyone is interested one of the new hosts Courtney Khondabi will be on air again next Tuesday & Thursday 3-6am. Unsure if solo or with another host.
Regular Contributor

The only one off hand that I know of who was hired "off the street" is Antonella.  From what  I read about her, she was a "housewife" when hired but had a career in medical technology.  She was rejected 2-3xs before she was hired.

I could understand why. Antonella frequently acts unprofessional. She just doesn't seem polished. I caught her on air when the Scott Brothers were on and she was acting goofy like a teen girl would in front of hot guys. It was very uncomfortable to watch and I have to say th at she and Mary Beth are the hosts I like the least. Mary Beth acts far too old and on the other extreme is way too serious and robotic. 

Honored Contributor

Peyton Kelly! Though not a host imo he was excellent. Miss him already. Does anyone know where he went? Not on FB. Wish all the success and good health come to him. True pleasure watching.
Esteemed Contributor

If they want to attract a younger viewer, they have to update the merchandise.