Contributor

Re: QVC Has Hired 5 New Hosts

I have to agree, so tired of hearing family stories, the same products over and over.  It seems the hosts that just sell don't last. The ones that tell stories, and talk over the vendors get prime time.

Occasional Contributor

what is happening?  so many good hosts are gone, some don't seem sincere in the presentation.  the ones that have been there for years are my favorites.  others are too phoney and act too silly

Occasional Contributor

miss Albany

Occasional Contributor

Jackie left too, I'm pretty sure I know why but not saying

Occasional Contributor

it seems like some people take off work all the time and everyone has to fill in for them

Valued Contributor

I guess I understand QVC wanting to attract a younger demographic, but I would think, in general that folks in their 30's-50's might have more spare money to spend. (Again, it's a generalization.) Regardless, unless Q is going to start offering ALL free shipping and drastically cutting their prices on some vastly different merchandise, I'm not sure they are going to succeed in pulling in younger shoppers. Just putting young hosts into the mix is not going to cut it, and, if these newbies are annoying or insincere, it is only going to cause the faithful shoppers to leave.

Esteemed Contributor

@SunValley wrote:

I pity the hosts, any of them, who get the callers that either will only give one-word answers or don't have a filter and give all the TMI details. Both are painful.

I personnaly do t understand why they still take calls.  It has always  made me crazy.  I  also don't like when they take a call when I would like more info on an item instead.

Esteemed Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

@Kindaglitzy wrote:
Wonder if any men applied to be a host. Seems odd five new women and not one man. MaryBeth said on the Diamonique Show that we would start seeing them on air in July. I'd be interested to know a little about their work background.

@Kindaglitzy

The current hosts backgrounds are in entertainment in one form or anothe ie:, actors, radio & tv.  The only one off hand that I know of who was hired "off the street" is Antonella.  From what  I read about her, she was a "housewife" when hired but had a career in medical technology.  She was rejected 2-3xs before she was hired.

LINK TO ARTICLE

love Antonella !  One of my favorites!  Miss Jacque,  I don't understand why she left.  

Contributor

Jacquie and Albany were two of the nicest hosts; loved Albany's sense of humor.  Something is going awry.

Contributor

:Me too.  I don't watch as much as I used to.  When I record the earlier shows there's no stock left in the evening.