Trusted Contributor

Re: QVC/HSN SURPRISE ON SATURDAY

Hey Insomnia2, I am an insomniac also, think I should change my name to I Insomniac, just kidding, but I do have very bad insomnia & I'm so sorry you do too. Love what you posted, btw! L <3

Super Contributor

YES!

Trusted Contributor

Alexa6352, You are so sweet! No need to apologize, you were trying to be helpful imho. Have a GREAT DAY!! L <3

Esteemed Contributor

The retail industry grapevine is that there may eventually be some kind of merger of the two shopping channels into one to create a mega retailer on the scale of Amazon.  PLEASE note I used the word GRAPEVINE because I am sharing gossip learned from retail marketing analysis and consultants who were only sharing gossip and also do not know the facts.  

Respected Contributor

wrote:

Rockycoast56, I agree w/ you 100%, great comment! I bet you, like myself, love it when HSN has their 60% off sale! I have purchased many tops for only 9.90 as I'm sure you have too. I also bought shoes from HSN when they have these sales for as low as 9.90! My hubby can't believe that's all I paid for them, then I show him the receipt, that shuts him up. I notice when Q has a sale it is NEVER that low, ever. I sure hope HSN continues w/ their sales, don't you? Have a great day! L <3

@LeiloniYes! HSN has REAL clearance prices. I have been shopping for a cruise my husband and I are going to in June.  The tops I have been purchasing are so low in price that I can pick up 3 for the price of 1. !  You don't see that pricing at QVC.  I have never had a problem with HSN, I can't say that about QVC.

Trusted Contributor

ROCKYCOAST56: HAVE A GREAT CRUISE!

Honored Contributor

Each channel could learn from the other, IMO. There are many things as far as presentation where I often prefer HSN’s approach vs QVC’s. Certainly, hosts and vendors on HSN “take over” with the actual product being secondary, far less than happens on QVC IMO.

HSN is more about the product, less about anyone’s perceived celebrity status, host or vendor. I’m also fine with HSN’s less elaborate sets, and spending less time per item.  I watch to learn about the product, not to see a vaudeville act between the host, the vendor and the props. Sorry QVC, I do not watch for pure “entertainment.” HSN hosts serve the customers, not their own egos, much more than QVC hosts, who usually seem to feed their egos first.

Me? I still buy what I want from whom I want, when I choose. I rarely buy from HSN, but gave them a $2000 order this week because they were selling something I wanted at $300-$400 less than it can be bought anywhere else, because I checked. When was the last time QVC did that? QVC has a somewhat similar item that gets bad reviews; never was tempted by it.

HSN runs leaner; it doesn’t cost as much to function. I think that allows them to experiment more. I don’t need to be virtually patted on the head by patronizing host-tainers. Just a simple, detailed presentation is all I need. In many ways I think HSN does that better.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Contributor

Moonchilde I agree w/u 100%.  

The hosts are much better on HSN and when they have a sale they really do have a SALE I have bought great looking fashion for $9.99.

The hosts on HSN  are there to sell the product not themselves!!  There are a couple of hosts on QVC that I just cannot bear to watch even if it's one of my favorite products. 

Not to be totally negative about QVC hosts, there are hosts on QVC that are very professional to name just a few: 

Marybeth R

Pat J-D

Jill B

Jayne B

Carolyn

Leah

Gabriella

Esteemed Contributor

@Perkup

Well I found myself washing their fashion sale and clearance and they had far better reductions than QVC ever had and what I do like is that you chance choose how many value pays.  Sometimes I want something and the account is tight and I like to use eay pay but not more than 2 easy payments.  These 5 and 6 easy payments are a nightmnare.  QVC should implement the option of how many easy pays you want.  Now I know many hate easy pay and I understand the reason, but sometimes it allows you to buy something you want or need easier.

Esteemed Contributor

@MTMjack

I agree.  Much better.  I bought the cutest jacked from Danica Patrick for $30.00.  It is the cutest most stylist athleisure jacket.  In fact, I may go back for another color.  It was originally $70.  QVCs sales prices are a joke.