Honored Contributor

Re: QVC/HSN SURPRISE ON SATURDAY

Maybe the surprise is that they'll swap hosts for a day, or a week.  That would be fun.

Respected Contributor

wrote:

wrote:

I have no idea what this is about..BUT it was on the bottom of the screen as I was watching the Denim & Co show..Does anyone know what this is about? I know that QVC now owns HSN..But I thought they were going to remain separate??..

@Alexa6352. QVC does not own HSN.  They, along with Zulily, are owned by Liberty Interactive.  They operate independently with each having its own CEO.

@Kachina624  Yes, that is absolutely correct.  I get so tired of people saying that QVC owns HSN.

Laura loves cats!
Honored Contributor

I have felt all along since this was announced that there would be big changes as a result of this.  I don't believe the stations are going to stay as separated as some thought.  I have heard multiple hosts on HSN refer to QVC as their sister station and have talked about items sold on QVC.

Yesterday I began seeing the identical promo on both stations about upcoming weekend programming on both stations and on screen the graphics said QVC/HSN.   

Trusted Contributor

On Feb 10th and Feb11th.......its more to love weekend......

QVC/HSN shows on the program guide.  Maybe they are testing something out !

But clearly their names show together.

Valued Contributor

wrote:

@Alexa6352. QVC does not own HSN.  They, along with Zulily, are owned by Liberty Interactive.  They operate independently with each having its own CEO.

@Kachina624  Yes, that is absolutely correct.  I get so tired of people saying that QVC owns HSN.

Everybody knows what the OP meant, it's all semantics about parent co's, who owns who, etc.  Why challange everybody, everything, every detail?  @2blonde@Kachina624

Honored Contributor

The HSN program guide doesn't mention it at all.  Just their regular programming.

The QVC program guide has all QVC shows/products.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Respected Contributor

God, I hope they keep HSN and QVC separate. I don't want HSN catching any of qvc's bad habits or cooties! Don't do it. HSN ain't broke, don't try and fix it. Fix what is wrong with QVC.

Respected Contributor

Please bring the popcorn/giraffe.

Valued Contributor

Free Shipping for the weekend????

(my wishful guess)

Honored Contributor

wrote:

wrote:

Everybody knows what the OP meant, it's all semantics about parent co's, who owns who, etc.  Why challange everybody, everything, every detail?  @2blonde@Kachina624

@mercyMe.  You don't know what everybody knows; many obviously have misinformation.  Several hundred people have read these posts and will assume what was said is true when, in fact it was wrong and a common misconception.  That's why.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment