Trusted Contributor

@Just BlingJust the other day someone here commented that the new TP they bought was too big around for their TP holder but also much narrower than any they've ever bought, by about an inch.

You'd think these companies would know it needs to fit correctly on the holder, which are all pretty standard size and we're not just leaving it on the floor or on the toilet tank like it's a frat house.

@Flyer98  I'm pretty new here too.  It sure seems it's always the same posters that enjoy "testing" new posters, who knows ( or cares) why some people get their jollies like that.

Most posters here are really nice, keep posting and focus on those people.  Hope to see you around here.

Respected Contributor

They may own things but, they may not necessarily actually purchase the items- Remember, many of the hosts are given the TSV in advance. They are also provided with many of the items on air to try at home by the vendor. It's amazing to me that they are allowed to purchase for family and friends using the 30% off, but they do! I knew someone who used to work there. There are endless employees at QVC and they are all given a discount. 

Brands like D&Co are mass-produced w/ cheap fabric for pennies and then sold for $36-50.  Same for many of the other brands. QVC execs are laughing all the way to the bank!

Respected Contributor

Calculating??? It's really not that difficult to figure out what 30% off would be. If you think that these hosts actually wear most of the clothing being sold, you would be wrong. Perhaps, Carolyn does but the others do not. Can you imagine Amy or Shawn, or Courtney being caught dead in SG or D&Co- NO WAY!

Honored Contributor

@Just Bling 

Yes, QVC did send out tape measures with clothing purchases, I still have them!

I keep mine in several places, so that I can usually find ONE when I need it, LOL!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

@Flyer98Most if not all employers offer some kind of "perk" to their employees.  What it is and how much it is is between the employer and the employees.  I really don't care.

Valued Contributor
@hippiechick7897
Absolutely true. It’s usually the same people who like to comment in a very condescending manner instead of just moving on. I guess it makes them feel better to be so wise. Lol
Honored Contributor

OH good grief!

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Trusted Contributor

It's pretty standard to get an discount.  When I worked in retail, employees received a 40% discount on full price merchandise.  

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@Flyer98 wrote:

@Annabellethecat66 Thank you for your kindness.  I was so happy to find these boards over the pandemic.  I have really enjoyed the shopping and makeup reviews. I think I'll just stick to commenting on others' posts from now on (and only if I have something positive to say).  Thanks again

@Flyer98Don't let them get in your head. Most of us get what you meant. I am sure it was an intended exaggeration that you sit and calculate the host discount. The fact that some have decided that is all you do is on them.

If you enjoy posting keep doing it, but don't come back and defend yourself. You do not have to do that. Your opinion is as valid as the rest of us. I don't think you need my advise on that, because your response back to posters was perfect!

Welcome to the boards!

Esteemed Contributor

@Tinkerbell3 wrote:

They may own things but, they may not necessarily actually purchase the items- Remember, many of the hosts are given the TSV in advance. They are also provided with many of the items on air to try at home by the vendor. It's amazing to me that they are allowed to purchase for family and friends using the 30% off, but they do! I knew someone who used to work there. There are endless employees at QVC and they are all given a discount. 

Brands like D&Co are mass-produced w/ cheap fabric for pennies and then sold for $36-50.  Same for many of the other brands. QVC execs are laughing all the way to the bank!

@Tinkerbell3That's why they get a 30% discount! QVC is still making money with the inflated prices they charge.