Frequent Contributor

Re: QVC Eliminates Late-Night Programming:1 Year Later

I hate the fact QVC eliminated overnight programming!  Living on the west coast, this is not the middle of the night for me and loved to watch QVC late at night, esp when I couldn't sleep.  
I feel it was a BIG MISTAKE and POOR CHOICE for your viewers, esp since the decision was made unilateral without any feedback from your customer!!

Frequent Contributor

Re: QVC Eliminating Late-Night Programming: 1 Year Later

@SandySparkles wrote:

Unfortunately, I think it is a sign of the times. There are very few businesses that have not been ADVERSELY affected by COVID.  Difficult changes had to be made to their business model. 

It deeply saddens me that so many retail chains, and businesses have been forced to close permanently, but I am happy The Q has not been one of them.😊

~~~All we need is LOVE

Well, they were not so adversely affected by COVID if they were able to do a complete remodel to their set.  Personally, I think those employees who were let go and loss of overnight programming over QVCs financial decision to pay for a new set.  I would have rather an older set to keep people's jobs and programs!

Contributor

HSN is the same way, and I believe they were the 1st to do this and now QVC did the same. They always had the newbies do the overnight shows, and now they are able to weave in throughout the day or evening. I'm good with this.

Respected Contributor

@Akablonde QVC UK has broadcast repeated programming in the late-night since they started on October 1, 1993. HSN started their late-night repeats on Friday, June 14, 2019, about a year after the Liberty Media takeover was announced. Watching HSN is a good clue to what changes may occur on QVC.

And the new hosts are still mostly on from 1am-3am ET live on QVC. Terri does the Noon ET hour and two of them do social hosting with David. Some of them have been on in the morning recently to fill in for when Gabrielle and Antonella used to be on.

Super Contributor

i discovered qvc in the dead of night over 30 years ago. so i was bummed out when they made the change to limit nightime broadcasting. i personally feel they could eliminate q2 and q3 in favor of a main channel going 24/7. however i must admit, these days, most of my purchases are made online.

Honored Contributor

Re: QVC Eliminating Late-Night Programming: 1 Year Later

it really never bothered me because i generally do not watch qvc in the middle of the night. if i wanted to, i would switch over to QVC2 or QVC3 and watch a program i probably have not seen.....so i have at least three choices.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein