Trusted Contributor

Re: QVC, ENOUGH ALREADY with UNCESSARY CHANGES, DON'T YOU READ THESE BOARDS??

I agree:  fix the basics.  All I can add is if anyone is ordering holiday gifts, don't wait until December.  Order now if you can to allow for the poor shipping times if you have to shop with the Q.  HSN is so much quicker - I realize it is a smaller company but its shipping record is superb. 

Esteemed Contributor

@sashamatthews wrote:

I agree:  fix the basics.  All I can add is if anyone is ordering holiday gifts, don't wait until December.  Order now if you can to allow for the poor shipping times if you have to shop with the Q.  HSN is so much quicker - I realize it is a smaller company but its shipping record is superb. 

I agree!

Esteemed Contributor

@tropics21 : Brava!

I could have written ever word of your post, but you did it- and better than I could.

there is SO much wrong with QVC that never was in all the years prior.

The customer and Quality in particular are no longer a priority.

Esteemed Contributor

I'd bet that they don't read these boards -- and, if they did, they wouldn't take them seriously.

I haven't ordered from QVC for about a year because of all the reasons you listed.  Plus, I have several reasons of my own.  Poor quality items being right there at the top of the list.  But "they" don't care what I think, or what any of us think.  But, I appreciate your starting this post about it.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Respected Contributor

@tarytoo paying off easy pay items early is not new. I have been doing this for years.

Contributor

Well said!

Respected Contributor

Sorry OP, but Amazon can't fix anything in a New York minute.  New York wouldn't let them in that city!  Lol!  On the subject of Amazon, I probably shop there more than anywhere else these days because I'm a big comparison shopper and usually find a better deal.  I'm not even a prime member and I never pay shipping on anything I order, which makes the deal even better.  The shipping is so fast!  I haven't totally written off QVC or HSN, but I'm determined to NOT overpay.  And, I'm so sick of the poor quality, even with brands these companies have sold for years.  I'd rather be picky and not get the item, than be angry that I was such a poor shopper.      

Valued Contributor

Yes, it's embarrassing that a company this size is run like this.  You would think their web people would be among the best and brightest.  I'm still trying to figure out why I was billed twice when I ordered one clothing item last night.  I have to wait 2 business days from the charge to be cleared on my credit card.  Why?  This should not have happened to begin with.   

Esteemed Contributor

@tropics21 wrote:

Ha Ha, it is a relief that MOSTLY ALL people that respond feel the same way I do, facts are facts, unfortunately.  It appears people are dropping qvc and deservedly so.  I would be so sure nobody will hear my plea, I have ways.

It's too bad that they are losing all their long-time core customers, who have supported the Q for many years and spent $$. While going after new and younger customers, who are not even interested in shopping here. They are trying to keep relevent in all the wrong ways.

Respected Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

I don't mind changes, business has to keep up with the times. However, FIRST fix the basics. Fix your janky website, your delivery system, and returns. Till those things are streamlined, you can FriYay and Holiday Yay all you want, but it won't matter.

@QVCkitty1Agree with you...  changes are necessary, but when they IMPROVE a company, make it more efficient, brining in more business and customers.  I'm afraid that QVC has gone in the complete opposite direction for at least, AT LEAST, a dozen years of more.