Regular Contributor

QVC Charging Too Much for Some Items

So, I'm wrapping up my Christmas shopping today (day off from teaching due to migraines), and I'm looking to buy my mom a camera since she loves photography and recently started taking a photography class. We both love Nikon cameras, and neither of us can afford the Nikon P1000, so I thought the Nikon P900 would be great since it's the older model.

WHY is QVC selling this camera for $800 (three easy pay) when Amazon has it for $500 with a payment plan? For a little extra on Amazon, I can also get a memory card, filters, and a case? QVC is charging $300 more for just the base camera.

Does QVC not price-check items? I'm just wondering. 

Honored Contributor

Re: QVC Charging Too Much for Some Items

[ Edited ]

I don't know but if it's $500 on Amazon you can probably find a better price some place else.

Some people will pay that price just because they offer e-z pay since that's the only way some could ever buy it. 

Jet dot com has the P900 for $429 free shipping, no tax.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

The only Nikon P900 camera I'm finding on QVC is the Coolpix and that is $759.96.

The Nikon Coolpix P900 camera on Amazon that is $499.00 is refurbished.

I didn't go any further than that.  You may be able to find the camera cheaper on Amazon or elsewhere but you have to compare apples to apples.  I'm also not sure what kind of payment plan Amazon has.

Anyhow, it's my opinion that QVC is not the place to buy electronics.  More often than not they are not the latest models, if that's what you want, and the prices aren't good.     

Honored Contributor

I've never felt that QVC offered the best price, especially on electronics or other high-ticket items.  It pays to shop around.  

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@KaliaMonet  I’ve learned the hard way that QVC isn’t the place to buy electronics.I’ve gotten some great deals in Costco. Plus they offer excellent customer service.They also offer their customers an extra 2 or 3 year extended warranty at no charge.

Trusted Contributor

I don't know the workings of pricing on QVC.  If you found a better deal, be happy with that.  It's called smart-shopping.

Honored Contributor

I don't know.  Why do you even care?  If you can find what you want at better price, go buy it.  Why does it matter what QVC is selling it for?

Honored Contributor

QVC can charge whatever price they want, and you can buy from whatever source you want.  It all works out so everyone is happy.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

I don't know.  Why do you even care?  If you can find what you want at better price, go buy it.  Why does it matter what QVC is selling it for?

That is so true.  I often watch QVC to see the demos of things I'm interested in buying.  When I decide to buy, I almost always find the item at a better price and buy elsewhere.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@KaliaMonet- you’re not forced to purchase items exclusively from QVC. If you find a better price somewhere else, buy it!!!