Trusted Contributor

Re: QVC Charging Too Much for Some Items

As with everything it pays to shop around and make sure you are getting a compatible product.  As a previous poster said the $499 model was refurbished.  Amazon is never a good comparison IMO, most retailers are very picky about what they will price match with Amazon.  It is made up of individual retailers you can check out their websites individually.  

If you are looking for a camera check to see if youhave a camera shop in your area.  Check with the Photography teacher as they may have a recommendation as well.  In my local area we have a great camera shop and the staff very helpful with personal service.

Honored Contributor

QVC's business model worked better when people didn't use the Internet to comparison-shop for better prices. Now most of us have computers, tablets and smartphones, so we can easily price-check from the comfort of our homes. QVC's pricing, and shipping charges, need to become more competitive if they want to survive going forward, IMO.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Regular Contributor

Well, they certainly do.  I had ordered the wax bulb amaryllis flower from the Q because I thought it was cool.  Then the next day I needed to go to Trader Joe's for some gift cards.  While the Q was selling these for 24.95 or something, Trader Joes is selling them for $7.99.  Got home and cancelled QVC order.