Honored Contributor

Re: QVC CONTINUING TO INCORRECTLY CREDIT RETURNS - AD NAUSEAM

@Annabellethecat66

Are you saying that you bought the item on easy pay and had paid all of the ezpays when you returned the tree, but they're refunding you the easy pay amounts monthly instead of the lump sum, even though you had paid off the easy pays, before returning?

If I understood that correctly, that is definitely wrong!

If so, they're 'floating' on the customer's money, meaning they're continuing to earn interest on your money that they already have in their accounts.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Of my holiday returns, most of the amounts credited don't look right. I was trying to reconcile them - some were ez pays- and the amounts don't jive. On my 'to do' list is to call a supervisor to review the details of each return. I'm 100% certain i was charged for return shipping in several instances - when I sent back the items using my own packaging/label! Woman Sad

I buy less and less from Q these days- partly because there's really  minimal need and my goal is to declutter. But a lot of it is this headache we all deal with after the fact! Woman Frustrated

Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom YES!  That's EXACTLY (I put things in caps because if you were sitting here I'd be emphasizing it, not to be mean)!  I'm so pleased someone understands.

I'm not very good at explaining some things but you totally get it!

You should see my account!  You would not believe it!  I'd order shoes and they didn't fit so I just put off taking them to the post office.  Meanwhile, I'd be paying for them on easy pay (no problem, I thought) I had time to return them because I'd get my money back eventually, that works, I thought.

Meantime they kept taking out the money (that's fine I did have their shoes) but then I returned everything and they still refund it month after months over and over!

It's crazy and almost impossible to figure out if I'm getting the refunds I should get!

It makes sense for them to refund only what's paid into it on easy pay.  However, when you have long since paid for it they should refund all you've paid into it.

Also, maybe this is helpful to some but not to me.  The money is refunded (for some reason on one day there might be 10 refunds of amounts under $10 all in a row.  I STILL don't understand how they come up with a particular day.

Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMomwrote:

@Annabellethecat66

Are you saying that you bought the item on easy pay and had paid all of the ezpays when you returned the tree, but they're refunding you the easy pay amounts monthly instead of the lump sum, even though you had paid off the easy pays, before returning?

If I understood that correctly, that is definitely wrong!

If so, they're 'floating' on the customer's money, meaning they're continuing to earn interest on your money that they already have in their accounts.

@KingstonsMom. Bingo and well-said!  That's exactly what theyre doing.  Can they get anymore sleazy?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66

That's just SO wrong!

I know you order a lot for yourself and your DD's, so I can sure understand how it would be hard to keep up with, but if the item is paid in full, the refund should be for the entire amount paid all at once!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 Yes!  That's exactly what they are doing!  I couldn't think of the word "floating" like you did but you're right!

Banks have always done that.  Like people would get paid but the money wouldn't be available until the next day or two (if it was on a Friday it often wasn't available until the next WORKING DAY.

People might not think it equals much, but just take a few customers and multiply that by how many customers QVC has.

They can draw interest on that money (it equals a lot).  They can get loans based on the money THEY have available and so on.  There are many pluses to not having to give the money out at once that you've paid into it.  

I know you understand.  Again, it makes sense to only refund what you've paid into it (which if you think about it sometimes isn't much because by the time you pay at least $3 to receive something and then $6.95 to return it, it isn't much.....if any).

Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom I agree!  Look at my last post.  It all benefits them.  Live and learn.

It seems like I'm exaggerating, but I'm not.  It's crazy!  Now add to that I send my two (actually 3 daughters) quite a lot actually.

But for whatever reason they might not want or like it (usually appliances, seldom clothes).  

Then they send back the items.  They have busy lives.  Often I never know they've sent the stuff back!  Sometimes I'll say how did you like the (say "Air Fryer") and my daughter will say, "I sent it back".  

Good grief!  It's not like they don't appreciate it, they just don't think about it (one has 4 children and the other has 3).  The single daughter travels much of the time!

Anyway, I just think they should make that clear(er) to people about the refund policy.  I realize they can't say all of that every time they talk about "You have until January 2018 to return the item", but how about fitting it in some way every now and then.

But why would they?  This totally benefits them!  That Christmas tree was bought for a family member.  It sat unopened in my garage and was long paid for.  Finally, my daughter said, "Send it back."  So I did.

In the past I would have just kept it and not even used it (would have given it to a friend).  But I've been trying to (as they say) turn over a new leaf!  Ha!

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66

I did read and agree with your last post!

I worked in the financial industry for many years, that's why I'm familiar with the term "floating" in my post (#21) that Kachina responded to.

It's a very common practice that many aren't aware of.

Honored Contributor

The accounting department at QVC uses some very creative bookkeeping.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I am now reading the book Your Call is (not that) Important to Us. What an eye opener! 

'cuz every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man