Respected Contributor

Re: QVC CONTINUING TO INCORRECTLY CREDIT RETURNS - AD NAUSEAM

@CareBearswrote:

@ScarletDove I have gone that route and yes they have helped.  But once I wrote a long email laying out all the problems I have had over the last year, I received an email back that they were forwarding my email onto the higher ups, never heard another word!

@CareBears  Sorry your experience was less than ideal!  I had the same, a replacement for an item that never left warehouse, refunded odd $, charged $6.95 for "return on own dime", and easy-pay still being deducted on item that never left the warehouse. I was told they would send to higher-ups to straigten out, and within a couple days I received an adjusted refund cleaning up the entire mess...... 

Esteemed Contributor

@ScarletDove I was not asking for anything except some feed back that they were sorry that I practically had a part-time job over the last year for all the time I had to spend correcting their errors, but I feel like I was given the brush off, and everything I had typed out was a waste of my time.

Honored Contributor

@LipstickdivaI'm with you!  I'm quite patient - seems to be a part of old age - but I also hate issues.  Fortunately, my last QVC return went faster than any return I've ever made to them (I had $$$ back on my charge account 10 days from mailing the package) and the money back was actiually about $2 dollars more than I expected!

I'm really trying not to buy right now so that I can work my way through all the EZPays I have as well as save some dollars for carpeting, tile and painting.  Needless to say - those are expenses that won't come from QVC - or really to any general retail department store.

Honored Contributor

This issue has been going on for YEARS now and QVC is not fixing it... most likely because it is extra income to line the CEO's pocket  when  those customers who do not check their monthly statement for credits and do not complain that they were charged for using their own label.... and QVC just keeps the money.

Illegal? YES Wrong? YES  Does QVC care?  I do not think so as they could have fixed this problem years ago and millions and millions of dollars ago that they have kept for profit.

Honored Contributor

Think of how many customers don't check or notice that they were charged the label fee when they shouldn't have been.

That adds up to a nice profit for QVC.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Esteemed Contributor

@SeaMaidenBingo, you are exactly right, and I have been saying it for years this is what they are doing!

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden

Sorry for repeating you, you must've posted while I was typing!

But great (and skeptical) minds think alike, LOL!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

Once again, I suggest that those who've experienced the $6.95 scam QVC is perpetuating, contact the Federal Trade Commission.  Its easy to file a complaint online, and if they get enough of them perhaps this illegal practice will end.  To me, this illegal charge is theft pure and simple and is an indication of a lack corporate morality and ethics. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@12andcounting  I know how you feel.  And on top of it all, you end up paying a fortune just to try or see the item.  It's not worth it to me anymore...  QVC has certainly gone downhill in the past 5 or so years....

Honored Contributor

@12andcounting That's really bad news for someone like me (returned a lot of things in December AND I'm not organized).

I think I told you guys how I kept wondering why I kept seeing  deposits of $9.95, $10.95 (and so on all in a row on one day).

I finally called QVC and said, "Look, I know the Christmas tree I never opened but bought on easy pay was paid off long ago yet I don't see the $250 I paid for it deposited" (it was on easy pay).

That's when I found out that QVC refunds EXACTLY the way the easy pay came out day after day, month after month!  Everything I buy is on easy pay because I don't need whatever it is in the first place so I figure why not get it that way.  Also, I kept trying to find boots (size 11 W) that I liked that fit and had to keep returning them.  

When they tell you about their return policy they don't tell you that!  It doesn't take a genius to know WHY they do that.  They don't have to cough up the money in lump sums, they are able to hold on to the money just doling it out in small increments.