Respected Contributor

@faeriemoon wrote:

They just can't get it right.  All these years, and they just can't get it right.

The 5-month celebration in 2006 was exciting with Birthday Surprises every day. It must have been in the works before Mike George took over on April 15, 2006 because every birthday celebration since then has been uneventful to say the least. "25 to Watch" in 2011 was unmemorable. QVC was more concerned with cancelling all their jewelry events in 2016 than having a 30th birthday celebration. This year's birthday is all hype and no substance.

Frequent Contributor

Birthday celebration? What a joke!

Regular Contributor

How about free shipping? Why can't they at offer (at the very least) a free shipping threshold i.e. all purchases over $50? Super frustrating, c'mon QVC!

Esteemed Contributor

No one told me about the Birthday and the Party. I can see I didnt miss anything. Maybe next year.

Respected Contributor

@MrSour wrote:

@kitcat51 wrote:

I lost my pension so I'm on a tight budget & appreciate easy pay, I use it for all my Q purchases....another advantage is I don't  have to wait for a full price refund if I have to return an item. Free Ship is good too & if it's combined with easy pay it's a big win win. 

Ouch losing your pension that must hurt. So sorry to read this. Is this something that you were expecting or did this happen because a company closed down

The company we worked for filed for bankruptcy & the company that bought it asked the Bankruptcy Court for an order to relieve them of all previous debts & it was approved...pensions were were included in that order so poof they were gone & absolutely nothing could be done about it, a very nasty surprise. Thanks for asking. Be well @MrSour.

Occasional Visitor

I agree!  I have my list ready.  What is the actual day they first went on air?  Maybe they will do it that day!

Honored Contributor

@CorrTor wrote:

How about coupons for loyal QCard customers? 

@CorrTor I so agree with you!! I get at least a coupon a week from HSN and never from here.  This is a really sad birthday celebration, other years we had birthday surprises with great prices and free shipping, now it's just easy pay which they always have.  Rumor has it, there is free shipping tomorrow. 

Respected Contributor

Re: QVC Birthday

[ Edited ]

Nothing good for customers related to the birthday celebration! 
I've been a loyal and repeat customer for decades but I hate the changes I see. 

The other day a purchase I made took 24 hours to show up as an order, so although I wanted to cancel quickly, I was unable. Since I couldn't see the order, I thought I must not have placed it...  But it did come through the next day- Annoying.
And now the nice sticker return labels, ANY return label at all, isn't included.... 🙄

Honored Contributor

Not jumping up and down for this "birthday"---don't care and don't shop much anymore. Just another sales hype!!

Esteemed Contributor

Years and years ago the big birthday celebration was held in November to recognize QVC's first broadcast in 1986.

Moving it to June, when Joseph Segal officially incorporated the company, always seemed odd to me.  The company's initial public offering on the NASDAQ then occurred in September 1986.  Maybe it should be September.