Super Contributor

Does anybody else have trouble with auto delivery? 

I have just had an email from QVC advising me that I may not get my salmon  auto delivery order as they do not have enough stock .Yet a few wks ago you could order them online , but as I knew an auto delivery was coming I did not order then [When I should have ordered then  as they would be in my freezer now !]

This happened to me before with another autodelivery order and was told it was cancelled as out of stock .Yet I could have ordered it online before out of stock happened a few wks before .

I am annoyed with QVC for this , so QVC customers watch your auto delivery orders 

Honored Contributor

I've been lucky, never had what I would call trouble although I AD plenty, more than I should probably. 

I did once cancel an item;  I noticed that its price had changed on my list, but i hadn't received notice. I thought I should have had an email.  I didn't feel too bad though because I'd been saving almost $10 compared to prices elsewhere and that had been going on for several years. 

Otherwise, I've been able to manage everything to my satisfaction -  QVC is good about my many address changes, my skip orders, and the cancellations I chose just because.

No idea why the vendor and QVC can't get their act together although I am glad to know the salmon is good enough that someone is irritated to lose out on a shipment. 

Esteemed Contributor

I think you're being unreasonable.  This is food not a battery candle sitting on a shelf you're talking about.  There are 'seasons' to fishing - trout available one time of year - perch has another season and fresh fish involves different fishing sites around the world.  That being said - I also ordered this salmon, and I'm not a huge salmon lover,but this is the best I've ever had.  I've had Alaskan salmon and it's not even close to this North Atlantic Ocean fish.  I had it for dinner Saturday night and glad I have more in my freezer.  (give QVC a break on this auto delivery)

Honored Contributor

@fthunt wrote:

I think you're being unreasonable.  This is food not a battery candle sitting on a shelf you're talking about.  There are 'seasons' to fishing - trout available one time of year - perch has another season and fresh fish involves different fishing sites around the world.  That being said - I also ordered this salmon, and I'm not a huge salmon lover,but this is the best I've ever had.  I've had Alaskan salmon and it's not even close to this North Atlantic Ocean fish.  I had it for dinner Saturday night and glad I have more in my freezer.  (give QVC a break on this auto delivery)

I think her point is that she was on A/D for it already, when it was shown again as in stock, but when her A/D date came shortly after, it was sold out.

Her A/D order should have already been reserved for her before that presentation, where it then sold out.

I would be unhappy too.

What's the point of even doing A/D, when I read so many comments about the A/D item never being received because it's sold out?

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Valued Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@fthunt wrote:

I think her point is that she was on A/D for it already, when it was shown again as in stock, but when her A/D date came shortly after, it was sold out.

Her A/D order should have already been reserved for her before that presentation, where it then sold out.

I would be unhappy too.

What's the point of even doing A/D, when I read so many comments about the A/D item never being received because it's sold out?

Absolutely I agree with you IG.

Respected Contributor

IG wrote:  

I would be unhappy too.

@KingstonsMom   ITA . . . also, I recall the hosts saying, in an effort to encourage people to go on Auto Delivery that, even if an item is sold out, when you're on Auto Delivery, you automatically  receive yours -- before anyone else, because people on Auto Delivery have their orders filled first! 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: QVC AUTO DELIVERY

[ Edited ]

IMO when they cancel an A/D it is because they want to raise the price.I have had that happen  too many times.