Contributor

Re: QVC AND ALL THE CHANGES AND SHOWS AND HOSTS

Agree 100% .  Everything this reviewer said is spot on.  I've cut my viewing and buying 50% or more.

Regular Contributor

The TSV airings are on way too much and too long. TSV on, QVC off.  It's as easy as that!

Valued Contributor

Free shipping for one thing in this day and age where mostly everyone offers free shipping AND free returns. Also, the phoniness-I can’t take it anymore with a few of these  hosts. I, too, only watch occassionally. And only shop lunchtime specials and prime time specials. Not too much quality any more and no value. So many better places to find deals And all this designers need to design talls in all their dresses, blouses, pants and jackets. 

Respected Contributor

I used to watch QVC at least a few minutes every day. Now I go for days and never watch.

There are several reasons why my viewing has dwindled. High on the list is the time devoted to showing the TSV. I now think of the TSV as Total Saturation Viewing.

Occasional Contributor

I basically agree with everything you have said. Amy drives me absolutely nuts. She was good at first but now she’s too much into herself. Personally I love Carolyn but I am not a Gary fan. But your other ideas were spot on. 

Occasional Contributor

@slmsia wrote:

Okay, I've written some critical comments of late about QVC and rightly so because so many others agree.  I used to have QVC on all the time to tell you the truth mainly because I don't have to deal with commercials and the news is extremely depressing right now in our time.  I just wish QVC would do a few things:

1. Add new items.

2. Lower their prices.  They say they are competitive but they are definitely not!  And pricing has gone way up over the years. If they want customers back and more customers added, they need to be more competitive with their pricing.

3. Stop this new "cutesy" stuff on the sets and with the hosts. It is a turn off.  I am sure management is forcing some of them to do this but others are just naturally annoying.

4. Add more variety in your programming!  Of late, it is just constant Gourmet Holiday, a gazillion David show's, tech/computer shows, Bose shows (please stop), and Amy Stran with PM Style (please change the host, not being mean but she is just too much to take). Oh, and LOGO (I posted elsewhere that this line is the biggest mystery to me. I think the clothes are ugly but they all sell out and so who knows?)

5.  Mary Nelson and Stacey Stauffer are 2 of the best newer hosts and should be given more and more shows. They are real, calm, know their items, don't act "cutesy" and QVC needs to train their new recruits in this manner.

6. Of course, Gary Goban (sp?) and Carolyn are the 2 mainstays. Love, love, love them as hosts and their knowledge of the line. I also think Angel Smedley is wonderful and am amazed at how well she knows every single item of QF clothing and color. And QF quality is one of the best clothing quality on QVC.

7. Did I mention lowering the prices? Yes, please.

8. Pay your Customer Services reps more money. You can, you make billions, so that your CS will get back to the way it used to be...first rate.  You cannot have CS people talking on jammed phone lines for sub-par pay. It is demeaning. CS is a hard job.

9. On your TSVs, please limit your showings to 15 minutes.

10.  Keep your demographics in mind and your prices competitive and add more shows with new items.

Okay, I've said my piece. I still watch QVC occasionally and still buy some of their products usually on clearance if I wait long enough.  QVC was a great home shopping network and while they may be in an "experimental, transitional phase" I hope they take my and the other QVC forum people's posts to heart.  Please!  We will all come back to you if you do!  Smiley Happy

I basically agree with everything you have said. Amy drives me absolutely nuts. She was good at first but now she’s too much into herself. Personally I love Carolyn but I am not a Gary fan. But your other ideas were spot on. 

Contributor

Sometimes you don’t see a host for weeks. Why so many recorded shoes on Q2 if they have that many hosts.

why is return shipping twice the amount to get it to us? I heard rumor that there was a $3 restocking fee.

i have ask so many times to have shipping discounts example:

shop all day for $8.95

First item $3.50 2nd and more on the same day $1.95

On beauty days or fashion days give us a shipping discount that day.

i have written many emails ask8ng questions never get a response. It even says, would you like a response. Doesn’t happen. 

It going to take us all standing together to change quality, costs and shipping.

Contributor

THANK YOU!!!! You have said it all and now we have to deal with the influencers. QVC has gone off the rails and not for the good.

Super Contributor

You have good insights.  I watch sparingly.  I think both channels are going down hill because the same ****** is being aired on both now and they both have these cutesy concepts like Host A has to be the cooking expert, Host B the Decorating Expert, etc.

I do not like the new sets where people actually sit with their back to the camera as if sitting in someone's parlor.  Also, they have to stop with the models in Handmade's Tale-esque outfits rubbing stuff all over themselves on a couch.  I think it is weird and creepy and my boyfriend walking through the other day (Had a Josie show on in the background) and he was like "WTF?"

I like that they push conversation onto Facebook and minimize calls, at least on QVC...have noticed more phone calls on HSN.  Please eliminate the calls.

I think their prices may have been pushed up by the tariffs on Chinese goods.  I know I have gotten emails from other vendors stating that.  QVC and HSN are huge failures in shipping.  They do not ship quickly and do not combine shipping.  I read a review about someone that bought 2 sets of battery powered lights and they were 5.50 shipping each and came in the same box and they still paid $11 shipping.  FAIL.  That needs to be fixed.  People expect cheap or free shipping these days, especially at certain dollar amounts.

Super Contributor

@SunValley wrote:

I used to watch QVC at least a few minutes every day. Now I go for days and never watch.

There are several reasons why my viewing has dwindled. High on the list is the time devoted to showing the TSV. I now think of the TSV as Total Saturation Viewing.

Smiley LOL

Right on.  Especially if it is some cooing gadget or electronic.  They not only dedicate many full hours to it but also squeeze it into David's Cooking show somehow and the longer variety shows are 30% or more about TSV.