Trusted Contributor

Re: QVC AND ALL THE CHANGES AND SHOWS AND HOSTS

[ Edited ]

Whether or not QVC is price competitive, depends on individual budgets, and what you're looking for.  

If I'm looking to grab a few everyday summer pieces, basic tees and shorts, for instance, QVC isn't going to be, my first go to retailer.  I'm more likely to check Walmart or Kohl's, Penney's, etc.  I know they carry inexpensive, no frills lines. 
The quality, may be, pretty much one season, but, if I haven't spent a lot, that's OK.

If I'm looking for nicer pieces, things I can expect to have for awhile, QVC, is on my list of retailers to check out. 

Are there retailers that, sales aside, lower their prices? Point them out, please! 

As for variety of shows, and hosts; I'm an occasional viewer.  It wouldn't matter how much variety  was offered, I'd only watch, if the product interested me.  

Hosts, my opinion is the same as it's always been.  Again I watch for the product.  Of course I have hosts I prefer over others, but, if I want to see the product, I've never had a host bother me, to the point of not watching. 

By the way, I enjoy Amy S.  I think she does a good job with presentations.  She's one of those lucky women, who would look great, if she came out, wrapped in paper towels, so, I suspect, she's an easy choice, for fashion shows! 

I totally agree with your comment. They are overpriced and some hostess are so rude and they think they are hot like Shawn. When she's on I change the channel. The food is very expensive and when you buy something and it gets to you is totally different from what you saw on TV. They need new items and they need to forget about electronics.
Contributor

I agree 100% with every word slmsia wrote.  I have been a 30 + years  customer and unfortunately I have cut my QVC  viewing and buying by at least 90% in  the last year.  The "cutesy" stuff by the 99% of the host is a complete and literally a turn off.  Meaning TV off.  The. Shipping and Returning delays are unacceptable.  Hire more employee and instead of expensive set displays invest the money in new staff.  QVC has become stale and boring.  

Valued Contributor

This thread started more than one year ago.

Occasional Contributor

So Basically ....no Q no V no C anymore

Super Contributor

@janey2 wrote:

This is a shopping channel, nothing more, nothing less. Why are you so invested? Go out there and shop in a store. You will not have to deal with the personality of a salesperson. You can see the quality of the item in real time. It’s a big world out there with lots of choices.

Wrong!  There are many locations in the country where shopping is very limited.  Although there are many other online alternatives that are cheaper, more customer friendly and shipping is free.

Super Contributor

Sad what's happening to the Q.  Can you remember class show hosts like Lisa Robertson? 

New Contributor

well all i know is it is becoming a bit poitical....i mean if i want to buy a product i am not looking to see if they are black.....so for me you spotlighting black business owners is just not necessary i buy what i like regardless if you are black or white or red or you get the picture.....i may just not buy from any black owner on qvc just for that reason alone it is stupid to engage in that garbage......

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@PARIS77 

QVC never asked you to buy from them, period.  If that's what you got from this, you were never going to buy their products anyway, so stop acting like QVC drove you away. Your pre-conceived biases are showing big time.

They merely want to let everyone know those Black-owned brands are on their website, amongst all the other brands on QVC.  It's awareness.  Had you heard of all of those brands before???? 

For years I had terrible results from makeup foundations for my complexion from brands like: It Cosmetics, Urban Decay, Carmindy, Tarte, Bare Minerals, etc.  But now they have Mented Cosmetics, and I chose to give their foundation a try.  They are on QVC??  I can get Easy Pay??  Perfection for me!  I had tried most of the other brands on QVC, so I chose to try this one as well, and I'm happy I found that out.  

Imagine if QVC actually gave them all on-air time.  Heavens!! One less showing of Josie Maran, Philosophy, Susan Graver, It Cosmetics, or Calista -- now let's not get crazy, right?  

Call it whatever you want.  I'm just very glad that I know I have more options now.  

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I missed this thread when it started, so I'm  glad it make a reappearance.  Posters made some great points that are still valid now.  I haven't watched QVC from the beginning, but I was watching when they had actual jewelry and clothes designers.  That was a great time.  Lisa with her shows in Italy had some fabulous pieces that I still wear.  That went way down hill, but at one time, it was great.  As others have pointed out, they now put a celeb's name on a product and call it a designer collection.  And I'm not someone who is down on Hollywood.  I just like designs by someone who has actual expertise.  

I don't find much now that I couldn't buy elsewhere.  And in the past, I don't ever remember a host that I refused to watch because it was all about the product.  I would have it on in the background while I cleaned or whatever and sometimes wound up buying things I never even knew I needed or wanted!  But now, there are several hosts I will not watch no matter how much I would like to see the product.