Super Contributor

Re: QVC AND ALL THE CHANGES AND SHOWS AND HOSTS

You certainty cant compare the HSN clearance prices to the Q. HSN carries a much better and wider variety of cookware .HSN offers crafting shows. The jewelry on HSN is stunning and the vendors on HSN work directly with the mines. Often it is mine to market, like Jay King or the Herkimer mine in NY. The Jade of yesteryear is b.canother example.Judith Ripka is selling on HSN now as well. I find Hsn has famous footwear designers as well as unique clotging such as Hillary Scott just to name a few. Dekivery is a few days literally and exchanging is so easy HSN sends you your item before your return gets back to them ,no charge. I also receive special percentages off at least pnce a month in my inbox just as a customer appreciation. HSNis my prefered shopping channel especially because they carry Skinny girl jeans by Bethenny Frankel.
Honored Contributor

@shopperqvc 

sorry, just can’t read this. Maybe when I get the new reading glasses I just ordered.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
New Contributor

I have also found that some of the practices and policies at QVC are encouraging me to watch and practice less. Please start selling more varied selections re: vendors.Is Downey one of the only handbag vendors? I used to look to QVC to show more varied and unusual vendors.

In addition, please vary the selection of products presented during a 24hr period.

Often items are “in process” for days, yet you are unable to cancel the item a short time later. At least allow cancellations until midnight of that day. HSN allows cancellations until midnight and I receive my orders much faster than QVC.

Please stop hawking Christmas almost all year, enough!

Why in courage your hosts to shout their sell. Many of the quieter hosts are superior. 

Unfortunately you lost Jill Bauer, she made the sale without screaming and yet provided all the necessary facts. By the way, are you giving a bonus to the host that is able to speak the most rapidly? I’m able to listen fast however, some of them give me a headache.

Occasional Visitor

INDEED!!

I've been a customer since 1987.

The new breed of hosts are not my cup of tea. Too much screaming , there is a bit of desperation in their tone of voice. Very off putting.

Amy Stran please slow down, enthusiasm is good, however, please don't talk over the designer.

Thank goodness 90% of my shopping is done online since I cannot stand the pushy

hosts.

Whatever happened to the days when watching this channel was a pleasant and entertaining experience.

Valued Contributor

Am curious who is presenting the  Skinny Girl jeans on HSN - is it Betheny ?

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Pook wrote:

While everyone has some things they don't like about QVC or any business, you can't please everyone and times have changed and most now don't have the time nor do they want to watch all day and probably wouldn't buy much anyway if QVC stayed stagnant. The only reason I used to keep QVC on was because at one time you had to order at the time of the show and even after you could order a product if you had the item number.  The internet changed all that.  It is no longer necessary to watch like before. You can go online and see the times of the shows that you might be interested in and new products can be checked out.  Shopping channels would not still be around if they had not changed with the times to attract newer customers.  The old ones who want things to stay the same are not going to be around forever!!

@Pook As you stated “The old ones who want things to stay the same are not going to be around forever!!” And neither will QVC if quarterly earnings keep going down. Changes have to be good for their bottom dollar, not for the sake of change. Facts are facts, and what they are currently doing is not working. We’ll see how long they stay in denial or

make some changes that actually work.

Highlighted
New Contributor

The prices became high WAAAY before the tariffs I stopped buying clothes a year ago.  Also if I see something I am inerested, I copy the heading on the website & Google it to see if it is offered elsewhere. They all use the same heading. Ebates/Rakuten will pop up with a lower price also.

Super Contributor

well said jewell22

Frequent Contributor

In short, I like watching the decorating ideas of Valerie Par Hill and still drooling over a couple of Martha's Halloween/ Harvest items... I have only shopped QVC for a couple of years and have come to a conclusion. QVC is not worth the hassles mentioned. One damaged return took forever and forget about exchanges. There are a plethora of other venues which are very EFFICIENT, so when QVC adds that "E", I might try shopping here again.