Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Re: QVC AND ALL THE CHANGES AND SHOWS AND HOSTS

I don't get why many models (some hosts) from when I started viewing, now look much younger? It's not that argon oil either! 

Even their personalities are that of a 23 yr. old....bouncy and giggly.....I want what they got!! SELL THAT STUFF Q !

I won't mention names....🙊

Highlighted
Contributor

Did you EVER HEAR OF PARAGRAPHS??

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Shanus wrote:

@SapphireGal wrote:

I agree that QVC is not what it used to be. My gripe is that everytime I turn it on to see what they are selling, there is a new host that I have never seen before. Maybe it is just my timing, but, where are some of the oldies - Rick Domier, Antonella??? I will admit, I did see Mary Beth a while back. It seems the new ones just try to be so cutesy and I can't stand that.

@SapphireGal   Fortunately or unfortunately, many of these hosts are not only “aging out”, but remember that Q is now aiming to capture a younger audience. 20’s & 30’s do not like being told/advised to purchase something by someone in their 50’s and 60’s. It makes the hair stand up on their necks...too parental.

---------------

I know quite a few 20's thru 40's potential Q shoppers - within my family and friends.  Not one would ever consider shopping at the Q!!  They will never sit thru a twenty minute presentation on one item!!!

They can find clothes, make up, shoes, home decor at millions of other retailers. They shop online - where they get free S/H both ways - or to the store locations, where they can touch and try the products. 

If the Q is focusing on younger customers, they will miss the mark!!

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Oh my goodness, you hit the nail on the head.  I rarely watch Q any more.  I don't need the screeching and silliness.  The prices are ridiculous, so Q you have lost money due to higher prices.  Who is making all these ridiculous decisions?Some of the styles  are so outrageously silly and definitely not my style.  You have let your best stylists slip away, and replaced with ugly clothes such as Logo.  Give me a break, You can't believe that line is stylish.

The schreeching and silly carrying on of the new hosts is extremely offputing, so I don't watch and hence don't buy.

You have become the Susan Graver channel, and her prices are WAY too high.

It is too bad that QVC has become such a loser.

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

When I turned the channel on this morning, there was a kitchen clearance show.  The host - who is new - was apparently having a hard time finding words to describe the merchandise in the show.  The guest had to pick up the slack and describe the items and show how to use them.  I can't remember the last time I saw something like this.  Totally unprepared.

Highlighted
New Contributor

Well, gosh......I guess you said it.  You do have free will to turn the station any time.  No need for negativity.  Each host has his/her personality and that is the way it is.  Some we will be drawn to, some not.  You have the option of tuning out.

Highlighted
New Contributor

omg thank you for posting.  Yes the prices for a shirt/top/blouse is way over $50

are you kidding me?????????  NO way!

Yes some of the hosts are not good.,  They do not know the product and they are

acting.....not good stuff.  Mostly it sucks!

i don't have it on anymore....I go to HGTV because frankly it is more interes ting!!!

That is sad to say.....after over 20 years. 

It feels so uncomfortable.  

LOGO - hahahahaha - you feel the way I do and geeze a shirt for $68 or $74 and

where the hell are you gonna wear that stuff?  Ya it is Summer, but I am just gonna

wear three shirts??????????????????????????   WHY?????  And put all those wierd colors and [prints together.

OK enough from me.  I do not like QVC anymore!

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Responding to all: I have stopped watching and buying a d it is liberating. It took a long time but the final straw is the horrible shipping delays; terrible exchanges and having to call to get refunds. And did I mention having to check to make sure you got a proper refund and when you return items on your own making sure you weren’t charged for the return. I can’t tell you how many times I experienced this and I finally said no more. QVC SUCKS
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

@cbrite wrote:

I don't get why many models (some hosts) from when I started viewing, now look much younger? It's not that argon oil either! 

Even their personalities are that of a 23 yr. old....bouncy and giggly.....I want what they got!! SELL THAT STUFF Q !

I won't mention names....🙊

”Argon Oil.” HAHAHA. Thanks for the laugh.

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@slmsia wrote:

Okay, I've written some critical comments of late about QVC and rightly so because so many others agree.  I used to have QVC on all the time to tell you the truth mainly because I don't have to deal with commercials and the news is extremely depressing right now in our time.  I just wish QVC would do a few things:

1. Add new items.

2. Lower their prices.  They say they are competitive but they are definitely not!  And pricing has gone way up over the years. If they want customers back and more customers added, they need to be more competitive with their pricing.

3. Stop this new "cutesy" stuff on the sets and with the hosts. It is a turn off.  I am sure management is forcing some of them to do this but others are just naturally annoying.

4. Add more variety in your programming!  Of late, it is just constant Gourmet Holiday, a gazillion David show's, tech/computer shows, Bose shows (please stop), and Amy Stran with PM Style (please change the host, not being mean but she is just too much to take). Oh, and LOGO (I posted elsewhere that this line is the biggest mystery to me. I think the clothes are ugly but they all sell out and so who knows?)

5.  Mary Nelson and Stacey Stauffer are 2 of the best newer hosts and should be given more and more shows. They are real, calm, know their items, don't act "cutesy" and QVC needs to train their new recruits in this manner.

6. Of course, Gary Goban (sp?) and Carolyn are the 2 mainstays. Love, love, love them as hosts and their knowledge of the line. I also think Angel Smedley is wonderful and am amazed at how well she knows every single item of QF clothing and color. And QF quality is one of the best clothing quality on QVC.

7. Did I mention lowering the prices? Yes, please.

8. Pay your Customer Services reps more money. You can, you make billions, so that your CS will get back to the way it used to be...first rate.  You cannot have CS people talking on jammed phone lines for sub-par pay. It is demeaning. CS is a hard job.

9. On your TSVs, please limit your showings to 15 minutes.

10.  Keep your demographics in mind and your prices competitive and add more shows with new items.

Okay, I've said my piece. I still watch QVC occasionally and still buy some of their products usually on clearance if I wait long enough.  QVC was a great home shopping network and while they may be in an "experimental, transitional phase" I hope they take my and the other QVC forum people's posts to heart.  Please!  We will all come back to you if you do!  :smileyh

@slmsia. A couple of things come to mind as I read your post:

1. To what cutsey sets do you refer?  I think I missed them.

2.  Expect prices to increase significantly as tariffs increase.  You will pay for them.

3. Are you in a position to know how much CS reps are psid?  What is the source of your information?

4. If you think the Q has profits in the millions, you're sadly mistaken.  Read the quarterly financial reports.  During the last quarter, they lost money, sales being down 4%.

5. Apparently "calm" does not enhance sales because new hosts are trained ined to act bouncy and enthused to create excitement.  There is science in sales and QVC knows all the tricks.  As boring as we find long presentations,  they apparently generate sales or they wouldn't keep doing them.

Apparently QVC doesn't know all of the tricks if sales are down.