Super Contributor

Re: QVC AND ALL THE CHANGES AND SHOWS AND HOSTS

Slmsia. Thank you so much for making this list and posting what so many of us have been thinking.

I'm so tired of seeing clothes and shoes on QVC. An tired of seeing electronics on HSN.

It drives me crazy to look at the afternoon and evening specials because they might have several of the same items for week. One time they had this ring and top in their evening specials. I think it may have been a record because I know they were shown everyday for at least two weeks. Why, when QVC carries so many items?

I don't get the Logo tops either. I've seen some that look like a Walmart t shirt with a ruffle sewn around the botton and the cost is over $80. I don't want to offend Logo lovers. We're all different and like different things.

I like jewelry so I would love to see at least one jewelry show a day.

Why are they making changes? Who knows. I've seen businsses ruined because they made changes.

Respected Contributor

This is a shopping channel, nothing more, nothing less. Why are you so invested? Go out there and shop in a store. You will not have to deal with the personality of a salesperson. You can see the quality of the item in real time. It’s a big world out there with lots of choices.

Esteemed Contributor

I have slowed considerably buying from the Q. I can get stuff elsewhere cheaper. I have learned the hard way to go back to a store and use a coupon and feel and try on the item. I still enjoy catching a show once in awhile and reading the boards here. 

Valued Contributor

Decades of QVC shopping slowly ending for me.  I can not justify buying a collection of cookware from QVC when I can go to the A and get the same thing for one hundred dollars less and free shipping.  And then if I decide to return it there is no two week process of a refund!   Perhaps after QVC maneuvers thru all of their changes things will improve but I have watched hours of programs years ago and today it is just an annoyance and I change the channel or simply go online to see the new items.  When there is a product I like and would reorder...like Martha Stewart hot dogs ...they are on once and never seen again!  Clothing is a chore to find something...it all looks like it is out of the same Pattern and fabric.  So good luck QVC but for me you are not improving your customer service, your shipping and returns, your programming, your selections, your prices.

Esteemed Contributor

What I absolutely cannot understand are all the shipping problems.  Other organizations plan, test, retest, on and on before making major changes.  Outside consultants brought in, if necessary.  Getting merchandise to buyers in a timely manner obviously affects their bottom line.  No one should want to risk customer loyalty, particularly with so much competition.  Were they short-staffed?  How many people - and what qualifications do they have?  This could be a case study in many MBA classes.  

Respected Contributor

I do not watch QVC all of the time.  I have a tendency to DVR the shows that I want to watch.  I really only buy Linea by Louis Dell Olio, some GILI, Dr. Denese, Judith Ripka and Barbara Bixby occasionally - occasionally some make up products.  I suspect other people are like me.  

I agree about PM Style.  I enjoyed Shawn Killinger more in the role as she is better at creating excitement for the products.  

Honored Contributor

@ellaphant wrote:

Retailers don't just 'lower prices.' If they are too high for you, shop elsewhere.

QVC promotes the products the sell the most. They won't stop promoting them.

Isaac and jewelery shows are all I like to watch. Aside from Isaac,  QVC clothing doesn;t interest me at all anymore and I never buy make-up or beauty items from QVC. I shop elsewhere.

@ellaphant 

And QVC is doing so well...they went from a 2% increase, to béing flat, and now the latest a 4% decline in sales.....Yep, what they are doing is certainly working for them.... And encouraging folks to shop elsewhere will bring an even brighter forecast...😏

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@janey2 wrote:

This is a shopping channel, nothing more, nothing less. Why are you so invested? Go out there and shop in a store. You will not have to deal with the personality of a salesperson. You can see the quality of the item in real time. It’s a big world out there with lots of choices.

@janey2 

I shop a variety of ways and always comparison shop ..... Why are some of us invested?  One of the things that makes QVC unique is that you get to see products actually demonstrated and how clothes actually look on people instead of doctored photographs on a website, all this from the comfort of your home....So many of us would like to see QVC continue as a viable shopping option.....

And I disagree because sometimes when you shop in store you have to deal with a salesperson/cashier that's "sportin' an attitude"........

BTW why are you invested in a Shopping Channel Forum?????...Its a whole big world wide web out there....😏

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”

[ Edited ]

QVC used to be on my TV 24/7. No exaggeration. People made fun of me. My old BF used to beg me to put something else on. As the “older” hosts started leaving, something changed. I am not enjoying the new hosts for some reason. Shawn also seems different. It seems like there is hardly anyone left. Maybe some went over to one of the other QVC channels. I don’t know. I don’t watch those. I know this is a shopping channel, but I kept it on to keep me company. Sure I shopped, and spent a lot of money, but I used to really like watching the hosts. I liked hearing stuff about their lives. Made it more personal. To me, they used to be much different than all the other shopping channels. I felt like these hosts really knew about the products. I just can’t watch HSN. The hosts really annoy me, and I really don’t like the products on there. Over the last few years, I hardly watch it at all. I just stopped, almost cold turkey. It’s just not the same. Shawn used to be my favorite, but not so much now. I really only watch David, and if he leaves, there really will be no point in watching anymore. 

Trusted Contributor

I used to have the Q on all day at work.  The volume would be muted, of course, but I could still see it and order if I wanted to.  Not any more.  I am like you.  I don't even put the TV on unless it is one of David's shows.  Watching used to be so much fun - now it is just business, show after show.