Respected Contributor

Re: QURATE 3rd Quarter Results 2020

@Spurt I put earrings on every day but I seldom wear any rings at this point if I am going out with all of the handwashing that needs to be done.

I'm not in the market to buy more jewelry since I seldom see anything on QVC that I like - although once in a while I am tempted. Then I go look at what I already have and am not wearing and remind myself that I really don't need to buy anything but should simply wear what I have. LOL I can get decked out for the cats while I'm working at home. 

Plus their prices are too high IMO for what I would get if I did purchase from them.

I bought a few apparel items because I either liked the style or the color choices - IM did a great color "clove" that I really liked so I bought it in a t-neck and Linea had a lovely cardigan, too. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@GinaV24 wrote:

@Spurt I put earrings on every day but I seldom wear any rings at this point if I am going out with all of the handwashing that needs to be done.

I'm not in the market to buy more jewelry since I seldom see anything on QVC that I like - although once in a while I am tempted. Then I go look at what I already have and am not wearing and remind myself that I really don't need to buy anything but should simply wear what I have. LOL I can get decked out for the cats while I'm working at home. 

Plus their prices are too high IMO for what I would get if I did purchase from them.

I bought a few apparel items because I either liked the style or the color choices - IM did a great color "clove" that I really liked so I bought it in a t-neck and Linea had a lovely cardigan, too. 

@GinaV24 

Yep, I work from home too and of course, I agree gotta dress up for the cats 😸..... I even have some cat earrings I bought from the Nature's Jewelry Catalog....

And clothing/shoes wear out so we do need new items from time to time....and I got a new t-shirt for Christmas from Life Is Good....

Women's Lit Up Cat Long Sleeve Crusher Vee

I have a couple Linea items...nice quality.....

Enjoy your purchases.....

Have a good day---hugs to your kitties....😺

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Hello @Spurt  -- you probably want your post in the SPORTS forum Smiley Very Happy  

Good Luck with today's games.  GO GIANTS!

@Spurt wrote:

Here's the games in my area today----

EARLY GAMES---

Chargers vs Chiefs!

WASHINGTON vs Bills!!!! YAY they're showing my team....

smileys-cheerleading-755332.gif🏈  (I know, I know I picked against my own team, but I'm a realistic fan, but it will be GREAT to see my team play whether good news or bad)

LATE GAME---

Bucs vs Rams

SNF---

Packers vs 49ers

MNF (with the Mannings)

Eagles vs Dallas (FLY EAGLES FLY!)

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE! 

Honored Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

Hello @Spurt  -- you probably want your post in the SPORTS forum Smiley Very Happy  

@Spurt wrote:

Here's the games in my area today----

EARLY GAMES---

Chargers vs Chiefs!

WASHINGTON vs Bills!!!! YAY they're showing my team....

smileys-cheerleading-755332.gif🏈  (I know, I know I picked against my own team, but I'm a realistic fan, but it will be GREAT to see my team play whether good news or bad)

LATE GAME---

Bucs vs Rams

SNF---

Packers vs 49ers

MNF (with the Mannings)

Eagles vs Dallas (FLY EAGLES FLY!)

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE! 

@Caaareful Shopper 

I saw it and deleted it here and re-posted it in SPORTS---thanks for the heads up 👍

Honored Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

@Caaareful Shopper 

My sister is a Giants fan....

Esteemed Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

I would guess that some of the reason apparel sales may be lagging has to do with the fact that people aren't going anywhere so they don't need new clothing.  While yes some people have continued to work throughout this, a chunk of them are uniformed workers who obviously don't need work clothes.

For those staying home more than they are going out, they don't need to purchase clothing.  

@Lipstickdiva 

Yes, perhaps you have a point for declines this year, but what about prior years where apparel was struggling....this is a continuing trend....and could be other reasons---sizing, styles, prices...

@Spurt   IMO  QVC clothes are ugly.  Too much   hi low, then add the high prices?  The clothing prices are awful.  They need new designers and lower prices.  I can get 5 shirts on sale for what 2 would cost me at the Q

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@BalletBabe wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

I would guess that some of the reason apparel sales may be lagging has to do with the fact that people aren't going anywhere so they don't need new clothing.  While yes some people have continued to work throughout this, a chunk of them are uniformed workers who obviously don't need work clothes.

For those staying home more than they are going out, they don't need to purchase clothing.  

@Lipstickdiva 

Yes, perhaps you have a point for declines this year, but what about prior years where apparel was struggling....this is a continuing trend....and could be other reasons---sizing, styles, prices...

@Spurt   IMO  QVC clothes are ugly.  Too much   hi low, then add the high prices?  The clothing prices are awful.  They need new designers and lower prices.  I can get 5 shirts on sale for what 2 would cost me at the Q

@BalletBabe 

I also hate the high/low hems, the "tucked look"....layers and layers of clothes ----try wearing that in Texas when its 100 degrees, then there's the tops that are tied at the bottom with the tie sticking out from the crotch area---🙄, and clothes that fit like a second skin (who really does look good in leggings anyway---if you have to hide your body under a long tunic top when wearing leggings doesnt that tell you something?????)....and these days all QVC's clothing lines look a like....and your right about the prices....QVC keeps comparing themselves to what Boutiques charge, but how many actually shop in Boutiques so thats a mute point....they need to comparison shop where most of their customers actually shop.....These days it a rare occasion for me to purchase clothes from QVC, but there are still other catorgies/brands that I still like and purchase from QVC...

Esteemed Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@BalletBabe wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@Lipstickdiva 

@BalletBabe 

I also hate the high/low hems, the "tucked look"....layers and layers of clothes ----try wearing that in Texas when its 100 degrees, then there's the tops that are tied at the bottom with the tie sticking out from the crotch area---🙄, and clothes that fit like a second skin (who really does look good in leggings anyway---if you have to hide your body under a long tunic top when wearing leggings doesnt that tell you something?????)....and these days all QVC's clothing lines look a like....and your right about the prices....QVC keeps comparing themselves to what Boutiques charge, but how many actually shop in Boutiques so thats a mute point....they need to comparison shop where most of their customers actually shop.....These days it a rare occasion for me to purchase clothes from QVC, but there are still other catorgies/brands that I still like and purchase from QVC...

@Spurt   I agree with you 100%.  I am in Florida so we are in the same boat as far as the weather.  You know when I go to Pa. to visit family.  They don't wear clothes like that.  When I see multiple layers and ratty looking hair, I think Bag Lady???  LOL  On occasion I do buy something but it is usually on Sale or something I can't find anywhere else.    So it is rare.