Honored Contributor

Re: QURATE 3RD QUARTER RESULTS 2019

@banned again wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@ValuSkr. For all their flowery prose, I think the guys are deficient in the punctuation arena.  I think he means home, business, and jewelry not home business.  He did the same thing with "clothing accessories" when it should have been clothing, accessiries etc.  It does make a difference.

It's a transcript from a phone call done by an outside company, Motley Fool Transcribers.

Fools indeed! Who’s proofreading the transcript?! Woman Surprised

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@handygal2 wrote:

@banned again wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@ValuSkr. For all their flowery prose, I think the guys are deficient in the punctuation arena.  I think he means home, business, and jewelry not home business.  He did the same thing with "clothing accessories" when it should have been clothing, accessiries etc.  It does make a difference.

It's a transcript from a phone call done by an outside company, Motley Fool Transcribers.

Fools indeed! Who’s proofreading the transcript?! Woman Surprised

It’s another example of management dropping the ball. Nothing this shoddy should ever be released to the public. It reminds me of the unprofessional and downright insulting survey they had another third party group send out on their behalf. A corporation of this size and retail reach should have quality checks in place. Obviously they are struggling in all areas of execution. 

Respected Contributor

I totally understand why the shoe department is tanking.  Clarks, a tried and true brand, now has sizing all over the place.  You can't buy your size and expect it to be your size any more.  Quality is not there any longer, so, it's best to go to a brick and mortar store and buy your Clarks. 

Isacc Mizrahi New Balance shoes - well, just read the reviews.  I'm not even taking a chance with them, and New Balance is a nice shoe. 

So far, I've found the only shoe that has remained consistent are the Ryka's.  Size and quality is still there, but you rarely see a Ryka shoe, or rather, I rarely see anything mentioned about Ryka. Perhaps QVC doesn't make enough profit on them. For now, the quality is still there, or at least I've had continued satisfaction with the quality.  When I start seeing them on a daily show, I'll know they sold out and cheapened their product as well.

The clothing leaves a lot to be desired and I've almost given completely up on D & C because sizing is no longer consistent.

If they would just bring back quality products and not worry so much about quantity right now, they may actually get more customers.   Or, at least, that's my laymans take on things.   

Esteemed Contributor

@Georgiagrama wrote:

I totally understand why the shoe department is tanking.  Clarks, a tried and true brand, now has sizing all over the place.  You can't buy your size and expect it to be your size any more.  Quality is not there any longer, so, it's best to go to a brick and mortar store and buy your Clarks. 

Isacc Mizrahi New Balance shoes - well, just read the reviews.  I'm not even taking a chance with them, and New Balance is a nice shoe. 

So far, I've found the only shoe that has remained consistent are the Ryka's.  Size and quality is still there, but you rarely see a Ryka shoe, or rather, I rarely see anything mentioned about Ryka. Perhaps QVC doesn't make enough profit on them. For now, the quality is still there, or at least I've had continued satisfaction with the quality.  When I start seeing them on a daily show, I'll know they sold out and cheapened their product as well.

The clothing leaves a lot to be desired and I've almost given completely up on D & C because sizing is no longer consistent.

If they would just bring back quality products and not worry so much about quantity right now, they may actually get more customers.   Or, at least, that's my laymans take on things.   

Go to shoes dot com.   Prices are better and free shipping both ways.  

Valued Contributor

This guy is delusional.  He is fluffiing off the decrease in sales by loyal customers as if it didn't make a difference.  Fast forward, all the business inssues for a year and nothing has changed other than the ceo and others in corporate make millions in salaries, similar to wall street

Valued Contributor

Yeah, right, Shawn saving xmas in pajamas every sat. night, don't make me laugh

Valued Contributor

not impressed and very boring, Shawn saves xmas show.  It is laughable

Valued Contributor

and alegrias shoes are so old looking and frumpy, and the vendor continually praises the designer of the shoes.  I love their shoes for my problematic feet but can' wear them because they are so guady

Valued Contributor

can't understand why he still has a job.  His poor acquisition of Zuilly that he paid a billion too much would be enough to show him the front door.  Poor business organization. If I were a host there, new or oldie, I would be updating my resume and look for a new job NOW

Honored Contributor

So will beds in a box become the new Vitamix when it comes to TSV's?